Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Hotel Babysitting / Overprotective
Previous  1  2  3

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 4:17 pm
Can you get a double stroller ?
That is what I would do. My kids have a very punctual schedule but certain days/nights are lenient such as seder. They play / join in until they crash in which case if I was in a hotel I would use a double stroller and lay them both down in there to sleep whilst we have the seder.

On the other side of things about the in laws and Pesach in a hotel, I have been by my in laws for pesach for the past 5 years. I hate seder by my in laws but a: we don't have anywhere else to go and b: they are my husbands parents and there is a limit to how long I would be able to not go. If we didn't live near them. It is a hard compromise but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
Just be thankful you are in a hotel and have your own space to a certain degree. Not everyone has the privilege to go to a hotel and much less to have it paid for.

mha3484

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 4:46 pm
I just have one question but the OP does not have to answer. I have no idea what you meant when you say your child is not healthy but I ask because I have seen this with a friend of mine who has a child with medical problems. Are you sure that the hotel provided babysitters will even be willing to watch your child?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 6:28 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I just have one question but the OP does not have to answer. I have no idea what you meant when you say your child is not healthy but I ask because I have seen this with a friend of mine who has a child with medical problems. Are you sure that the hotel provided babysitters will even be willing to watch your child?

Im pretty sure that OP mentioned that her children will be asleep so I can't see why it would matter to the babysitter

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
I'm just curious all of these girls babysitting in hotels are frum girls?if yes does that mean that they don't have a seder? My daughter was thinking of going to a hotel to be a babysitter I don't think I would let her go if she wasn't going to be part of a seder
I'm sitting here, sad, trying to figure out why a girl would rather miss her family's seder to go make money in a hotel on Pesach.

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 1:27 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm sitting here, sad, trying to figure out why a girl would rather miss her family's seder to go make money in a hotel on Pesach.

Huh? I could easily come up with reasons.
- Maybe she/her family desperately needs the money.
- Or maybe her home life stinks.
- Or maybe she is away from her family (at seminary, etc.) and can't afford to fly home for Pesach.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 3:09 am
After reading all the back and forth arguing on this thread I can say one thing for certain:

"I am so GRATEFUL to be making Pesach at home."

Oh sure, it's a lot of work- especially those of us who work full time and run a household but the bottom line is this... WE are completely, happy, content and at peace that we get to have the final word.

In fact, I can even take a nap whenever I want and wherever I want.... AND I only share the bedroom with one other person.

And the kids can entertain themselves quietly with some new Pesach toys and let me sleep in a bit in the morning.

I can honestly say- I am thrilled I don't have to pack the entire household up to spend a week in a hotel with minimal laundry facilities.

Good luck OP- enjoy staying at a luxury resort while I'm home woooohooo!!!

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 7:20 am
I take my kids with me to the Seder. I bring strollers and if they get reallllllly tired I go up to the room with them.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 8:41 am
ValleyMom wrote:
After reading all the back and forth arguing on this thread I can say one thing for certain:

Oh sure, it's a lot of work- especially those of us who work full time and run a household but the bottom line is this... WE are completely, happy, content and at peace that we get to have the final word.

In fact, I can even take a nap whenever I want and wherever I want.... AND I only share the bedroom with one other person.

And the kids can entertain themselves quietly with some new Pesach toys and let me sleep in a bit in the morning.

I can honestly say- I am thrilled I don't have to pack the entire household up to spend a week in a hotel with minimal laundry facilities.

It's really great that you are able to control your feelings of envy and disappointment by seeing the bright side of your own situation!

I have to admit that I also feel that same jealousy and resentment, wishing I could be treated to a week off at a hotel, but your post has inspired me to look past that!

pesek zman

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 8:45 am
ValleyMom wrote:

It's nice to be sameach b'chelko but try to remember that the OP isn't choosing to go away: she's doing so to be with her in law family. She Likely didn't grow up going to hotels and would probably choose to stay home if she had her way, so your gloating about how glad you are to be home and on your own turf and your own schedule isn't that helpful to OP who's struggling with the exact issues

Blue jay

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:03 am
amother wrote:
I take my kids with me to the Seder. I bring strollers and if they get reallllllly tired I go up to the room with them.

I agree, Op, here is your answer!

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 12:38 pm
it might be a good idea, beginning now, to slowly put your kids to bed 10-20 minutes later every night. What happens when the clocks change? How do they adjust?

Honestly it sounds pretty stressful. If I had kids who could not handle schedule changes I would not go to a hotel, but I guess you won't have a choice.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 2:58 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

I went once as a teenager because it sounded glamorous (Pesach at a hotel!) and was a lot of money. Plus, I was with a ton of friends.

My family missed me like crazy. I missed our traditional Pesach. I never went back.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 3:27 pm
to OP you should be both - overprotective & still go to the seder ... can't be too cautious with our kids

I think babysitters should come with credentials - but that's my opinion

then again what's the point of going away to seclude yourself in the room and miss out on a seder

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 3:30 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

Not everybody has the ideal life and/or the ideal family.

DrMom wrote:
Huh? I could easily come up with reasons.
- Maybe she/her family desperately needs the money.
- Or maybe her home life stinks.
- Or maybe she is away from her family (at seminary, etc.) and can't afford to fly home for Pesach.

this Im with stupid
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics