Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Brooklyn Pesach Food Shopping

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:30 pm
looking to try and get to one good store which has it all without the hike up of prices ... any ideas would be helpful

does shoprite have enough stuff ... I'm afraid if I go to pomegranate the prices will be too high

or will I have to just cut my loss

amazingmommy

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:34 pm
Krm in boro park is great, or moishes in Flatbush..

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:43 pm
then what do you do about all the little things that cost more in these jewish stores ... or should I just go to both

I am getting there by train so I have to make the most of the trip ...

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:43 pm
amazingmommy wrote:
Krm in boro park is great, or moishes in Flatbush..

This

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:46 pm
KRM is better priced than moishes on most things

amazingmommy

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:46 pm
You could. Krm and moishes (one owner) are very cheap,
You have to decide what's worth it for you money wise. Or time and effort.

Eta- I never shopped in moishes, but I do know Krm.

Last edited by amazingmommy on Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:48 pm
I don't think borough park is an option ...

Fabulous

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 5:55 pm
Are you going for Jewish/pesach items? Go to Moisha's. Most things are not significantly cheaper on shop rite and all the Jewish things are usually much more expensive

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 6:49 pm
If you want one stop shopping where overall (not every item) you'll get the best prices, go to Moishe's or KRM, even for non Jewish items.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 7:11 pm
Paperific carries everything and is much smaller. If you want, you can go across the street to pomegranate for meat and chicken. paperific is a tad more expensive than moishe's, but you need to have the patience to go around moshes as its a huge store. Also, don't shop with difficult children. paperific is convenient for me, so that's where I shop, even though my parents live around the corner from moishe's. Time is money

Last edited by amother on Sun, Apr 17 2016, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 7:11 pm
Paperific carries everything and is much smaller. If you want, you can go across the street to pomegranate for meat and chicken. paperific is a tad more expensive than moishe's, but you need to have the patience to go around moshes as its a huge store. Also, don't shop with difficult children. paperific is convenient for me, so that's where I shop, even though my parents live around the corner from moishe's. Time is money

ROFL

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 7:15 pm
Go to moisha in Flatbush or krm in boro park. Pomegranate is too expensive. From what you have posted about yourself that is where you would be happy. But if you are going by train how will you get everything back to where ever you a re staying in NY. You can also look on line and see price and sales this week in all the brooklyn store s. There is a web site but I don't know it. But I am sure others can fill in that info

gilamom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 7:52 pm
I was in Moisha's today, spent less than I thought I would which made me happy but beware please price check everything or at least keep an eye on the screen when the cashier is ringing you up, I caught a couple of mistakes(ice cream that was supposedly on sale for $8 rang up at $14, etc) and other stuff I wish I'd caught like seeing on my receipt that the Hershey's cocoa was $8.59?! Yeah, it's going back.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 8:02 pm
thanx ~ all this info helps food for thought ... literally lol

guess I don't want to have to make it to 2 stores if I need a car service back

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 8:33 pm
greenfire wrote:
thanx ~ all this info helps food for thought ... literally lol

guess I don't want to have to make it to 2 stores if I need a car service back

Most places will deliver the order to you when you're done shopping for $3-$4 if you prefer.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 12:58 am
Moishas. I like their selection better than KRM because they cater to a more diverse crowd than Boro Park. And the traffic is not as crazy (both inside and outside the store!) And they have a great takeout section if you're shopping hungry. And valet parking. Their regular prices are very decent and their sales are great.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 12:59 pm
Definitely not pomegranate!! That place will cost you your house, mortgage, underwear and shoes! Literally. So expensive.

Moishes Discount is your best bet if you can't get to KRM (they are basically the same) but shop rite have a good selection too.

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 6:29 pm
fyi ~ ended up at shoprite because I needed amazing savings ... but I got a ride back

sonny boy just recently brought me to moisha's & I gotta say this seems like the place to shop ... they have a big enough selection [for general purposed - yes I know it's not pesach anymore]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics