Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What is your 1 year olds daily menu?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 6:06 am
I'm a FTM so I need help. Dd is one now and this is what I give her:
Breakfast: oatmeal/ omelette or bread
A bottle a bit later
Lunch: an avocado sandwich and a cut up apple
A bottle couple of hours later
Supper: meat or chicken or salmon with potatoes or rice or vegetables
Bottle before bed
Is this good?
Can I do less/ more?
Should I still give her purées?
Can I give her cows milk instead of formula?
Anything else I should know?

Stars

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 6:37 am
You are doing great. If she needed more she would let you know, as she grows older this might be the case.
I personally would switch from formula in a bottle to milk in a regular cup, but if you're nervous just ask your pediatrician. Enjoy your little one.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 6:39 am
The best advice I heard was to average your baby's nutrition over one week. I also heard two weeks.
Why do you want to give puréed, does she not eat it in a regular form? Y

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:40 am
Be grateful your baby is eating so nicely. My baby nurses every three hours, he has some applesauce in the morning and very little chicken at night. Once in a while he'll take some yogurt. He won't touch bread. He's home with me the whole day, and I think he's too attached..... He's bh gaining weight though...

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:46 am
Iymnok wrote:
The best advice I heard was to average your baby's nutrition over one week. I also heard two weeks.
Why do you want to give puréed, does she not eat it in a regular form? Y

I give her purées because it comes in these convenient little jars and its easy on the go when were out with friends. Should I cut them out do u think?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
I give her purées because it comes in these convenient little jars and its easy on the go when were out with friends. Should I cut them out do u think?

It's good to start introducing other flavors and textures. When you're out, just give baby whatever food you're eating

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 10:05 am
pesek zman wrote:
It's good to start introducing other flavors and textures. When you're out, just give baby whatever food you're eating

Choc chips cookies....candy...I don't think so! I dont want my baby eating that till she's older

pesek zman

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 10:14 am
amother wrote:
Choc chips cookies....candy...I don't think so! I dont want my baby eating that till she's older

Of course not. I assumed that you were out eating real food.

Stars

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 10:44 am
On the go: crackers and cheese, corn pops, pretzels, bananas, apple, cucumbers, peppers and on and on.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 11:02 am
My oldest had a full mouth of teeth at 1. And she could safely eat almost anything... I would slice the apple thinly and 1/3 of an apple w some pretzels was so easy to take along as snack.... She'd eat anything you fed her.
Kid #2 has only front teeth and is still eating puréed food at 13 months. I can give her veggies soup w soft smallish pcs. She loves little cut up pcs of chicken legs or breast also she doesn't take formula and milk makes her terribly ingested so I give her rice dream. (Not very nutritious or caloric)
Recently I picked up these pouches from walmart. It comes w a screw cap you can reseal and its like a straw that the baby sucks out of. They are great for on the go. She can eat it herself. It's neat and clean and always ready. And they taste real good. My toddler always wants them too Smile

I also got a bib from neat solutions that is great. Made out of silicon and has a pocket at the bottom. Put in any finger food you want and by feeds herself.

Since I got these last two things my baby is by gaining better and I go out more often. She's such a poor eater and I'd sometimes stay home just so that I shouldn't miss mealtime for her because she'd totally would go without food.

teddyb

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 12:17 pm
My 10 mo baby just cut her third tooth. She eats almost anything but doesnt like pureed foor or baby cereal. Chews with her gums.

Thin peeled apple slices (very thin), peppers with the skin peeled, cheese, pretzels, cheerios, small pieces of melon or other soft fruit, peas, green beans, small pieces of chicken, meat, fish, cucumber cut into spears (she doesn't do as well with circles gets the whole piece in her mouth), pickles cut into spears or thin long slices, potato pieces, rice, pasta, really anything so long as its soft enough and small enough.

I often take cucumbers, apples or peppers along for on the go snacks.

At 1 she no longer needs formula and it is appropriate to introduce milk. (Full fat)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics