Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Crib bumpers and blankets

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 8:51 am
I've heard they are not safe because they are a suffocation hazard. Until what age is this true? Can a baby who can move around easily, turn their head, etc. have a blanket or bumper?

I haven't used one because I was afraid of the danger but then this morning I found my baby crying with his leg stuck between the slats of the crib. Now I'm thinking a bumper might be LESS dangerous than not having one! Am I right? What about blankets?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:08 am
Nothing until 1 year old

cm

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:28 am
Getting a leg stuck between the slats is nothing compared to getting a head stuck between the bumper and mattress, for example. Nothing in the crib, please!

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 10:38 pm
To prevent that I use a mesh bumper. It isn't padded and it's completely mesh so can't suffocate on it. I have it in both my kids cribs in light blue. It's sold on Amazon just look up mesh crib bumper just make sure to order full size if you have a full size crib or portable if you have a portable crib first time I ordered the wrong size.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 10:54 pm
When my daughter was a newborn, I heard her crying in her crib. I knew she wasn't tired or hungry and I was so tempted to just leave her as I could barely get out of bed. I decided to check on her anyways and was horrified to see that she had pulled her blanket over her head. I had no idea that she could do that and was much more careful after.

Bumpers and blankets are not worth the risk.

bwaybabe85

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 9:32 am
Mesh bumpers are fine. Use a sleepsack instead of a blanket.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics