Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Having a bris by 5 weeks. Chizuk pls
Previous  1  2

londoner

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 12:07 pm
None of my boys were on time. Earliest was 4 weeks, rest were 6 weeks. I didn't find the time made a difference but the weight of the baby did. Smaller was easier. Also I was less distressed once I'd been through it once. Good luck and make sure to surround yourself with calm mothers of boys at the bris. May he heal fast and grow quickly to Torah, chupa u'maasim tovim.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:09 pm
Op here. It's almost 4 years later with an update. It did NOT go smoothly. A few hours after the bris he developed high temperature and I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with him with sepsis. It was the worst two weeks of my life.
Reason why I'm updating now is I'm pregnant again with a boy. How on earth am I going to go through that again without having a complete meltdown? Pls help!

avrahamama

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Op here. It's almost 4 years later with an update. It did NOT go smoothly. A few hours after the bris he developed high temperature and I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with him with sepsis. It was the worst two weeks of my life.
Reason why I'm updating now is I'm pregnant again with a boy. How on earth am I going to go through that again without having a complete meltdown? Pls help!

Oh man. That sounds terrible. I'm so sorry.

Who says you're going to go through that again? I have all boys and I am a mess. I always talk to H and tell him this mitzvah is really l'shem shamayim. It is very hard for me to find the joy of this mitzvah. (Others may be different) after a handful of boys have I only started to calm a little ...

It's the toughest mitzvah and the only one that is purely purely l"Shem shamayim.

But you could have a perfectly typical experience. Baby born at the right time, baby ready for Brit at 8 days, baby barely makes a peep, heals within 3 days. Move on with life.

Bshaa Tova!

Stars

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:40 pm
If it was delayed because of jaundice taking a lot of vitamin d in pregnancy might help with that.

londoner

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 4:38 pm
Oh dear. Sad Get a recommendation for a mohel who is a dr and a bris doula. Surround yourself with supportive people . Wishing you an easy time.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 3:46 am
My first boy had his bris at 5 months old. My second at 8 days. Don't let yourself worry unnecessarily but be prepared with a mohel who knows what happened last time. Daven that things should go well.

Bruria

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 3:57 am
londoner wrote:
Oh dear. Sad Get a recommendation for a mohel who is a dr and a bris doula. Surround yourself with supportive people . Wishing you an easy time.

I second this, get a mohel who is a Dr.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 12:56 pm
I can so relate to trauma after a bris. One of my sons hemorrhaged after his bris (he had a vein in a different place than usual) it was terrifying and he needed 3 stitches and to have the area cauterized. By my next pregnancy, when I found out I was having a boy, I literally had post traumatic stress. I was a nervous wreck about the bris. I discussed it with my pediatrician, basically what happened to my son was extremely rare. (As what happened to yours probably) he just advised me to get a very professional model, who was aware of what happened. It was stressful but bh everything went smoothly!
(Also my son with the hemmoraging, he is 18 and never had any residual effects bh!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics