Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What Is Your "Can't-Live-Without" Pesach Item?
Previous  1  2  3

boysrus

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 8:43 pm
Matzah.

without matzah we wouldnt be able to fulfil the mitzva d'oraisa of '7 days you should eat matzos'.
and think of the mesiras nefesh of Jews in difficult eras who risked their lives to make and eat matza.

But from a lighter perspective, EGGS! definitely! without eggs there would be no kugels, no cakes etc... I am so happy htat nobody in my family is allergic to eggs. I know people whose children are allergic to eggs, and Pesach is really difficult for them because of it.
so glad there is no rationing of eggs these days, as there was during WW2 in the UK

debsey

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 12:04 am
Potato Peelers (Surprised no one said this.) and teenage boys to be, well, the potato peelers!

Ketchup. Makes everything taste better (can you tell I have teenage sons?)

Tylenol. Advil. Coffee. Chocolate.

Two luxury items: My meat slicer and my crepe maker. Lets me make some "fancier" things without putting in inordinate effort.

Raisin

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 2:00 am
boysrus wrote:
Matzah.

without matzah we wouldnt be able to fulfil the mitzva d'oraisa of '7 days you should eat matzos'.
and think of the mesiras nefesh of Jews in difficult eras who risked their lives to make and eat matza.

But from a lighter perspective, EGGS! definitely! without eggs there would be no kugels, no cakes etc... I am so happy htat nobody in my family is allergic to eggs. I know people whose children are allergic to eggs, and Pesach is really difficult for them because of it.
so glad there is no rationing of eggs these days, as there was during WW2 in the UK

My mother told me her family (5 people) got 3 eggs a week, or something like that. And this was AFTER the war.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 6:58 pm
Eggs

dee's mommy

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 1:34 pm
My two slow cookers. I have a three quart one that I am convinced that I keep because I think it is cute, and a seven quart one, which does a lot of the work. I cook my roasts in it, make cholent, heat soup (because I am too nervous to leave the burners of the stove top on during gyom tov with all the aluminum foil on the stove.), and heat everything from chicken to meatballs during chag. I even made a chicken dish with it this year. I can't believe the difference the seven quart made a difference once I got it. I am thinking about acquiring a third slow cooker just for Pesach.

mha3484

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 1:36 pm
Really good knives. I have difficulty with my hands and DH bought a new knife this year. It slices like butter. Its really fantastic.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 2:00 pm
Aluminium foil. (Can't believe noone mentioned it yet )

pause

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 2:13 pm
Crockpot for chol hamoed suppers. Dump everything in the morning, spend the day with the kiddies, come home to a delicious warm ready meal.

EmpireState

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 2:17 pm
A few good peelers and knives so others can help at the same time
Foil pans. I feel guilty about the waste though.
Almond milk.

Emotional

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 5:26 pm
debsey wrote:
Two luxury items: My meat slicer and my crepe maker. Lets me make some "fancier" things without putting in inordinate effort.

Debsey, which crepe maker would you recommend?

debsey

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 8:23 pm
Emotional wrote:

I'll check the brand next time I'm in the kitchen. I actually have two of the same type. One heats up more slowly (it's older) so we have this whole factory system going, with two of my kids making crepes at the same time. By the time we're done, we have enough for soup "noodles", crepes for dessert crepes, crepes for appetizers (I love the pulled brisket from A Taste of Pesach) and liver crepes. We even have enough noodles for a "noodle" kugel. YUM.

debsey

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 8:24 pm
Emotional wrote:

Just checked - here's a link. But I got it for cheaper in one of the Lakewood housewares stores

http://www.amazon.com/CucinaPr.....maker

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 6:46 am
debsey wrote:
Just checked - here's a link. But I got it for cheaper in one of the Lakewood housewares stores

http://www.amazon.com/CucinaPr.....maker

That's the one I have. I paid $45 at a local store. Expensive but worth it.

For me it's specific pot from the company art and cuisine.
Great for frying and cooking. TOTALLY nonstick. I fell asleep on the voice one night w food cooking. Woke up to a burnt mess. The entire thing slided into the garbage. I still can't believe it.
Frying mess is so easy to clean too. A little dish soap and half a minute is all you need.

And then of course eggs. And COOFFEEEEEEE.
And new toys for the kids.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics