Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Where to order fish in Lakewood

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:41 am
We always got our fish for Pesach from Market Fish Shop. I think they moved to NPGS but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

Edited title for those who think this is a code!

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 12:04 pm
I don't think so. They were in the main street NPGS - but I think the fishing line took over that store also now. You can call to confirm who is running the dept.

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 1:27 pm
Is this a secret code that I dont understand?

mommyla

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 1:33 pm
watergirl wrote:
Is this a secret code that I dont understand?

Very Happy Apparently Lakewood really is the new Brooklyn (G-d help us) - no need to post the location.

sourstix

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 1:39 pm
What I realize abt Lakewood is that if there are any news it doesn't get advertised u come to the front door of a store and boom they shut down with no notice
Even a new business doesn't get decent publicity! It's just bizarre to me

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 2:11 pm
There is still a fish counter in NPGS. They are just now all under the same management, not different ones. In general NPGS doesn't really advertise who runs their counter (The fishing line does advertise listing all their locations).

Most of the time a business doesn't advertise when it closes - it closes because it is losing money - so why spend more money to tell people you lost money and the business couldn't succeed.

How is this publicized in other cities? In terms of advertisment Lakewood has the most insane number of ads!! I'm not sure how we could be lacking at all.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 3:29 pm
K but I was hoping someone here knows Mr. Lunczer & knows if he's still in business.

DH officially doesn't buy prepared things so we used to go watch him make the fish for us. Then DH decided he knows him & trusts him so he'll buy his prepared loaves (with limited ingredients). So he's not going to randomly buy prepared fish from someone he doesn't know personally.

And this is not the year I want to make homemade fish. Though I might because it's such a convenient lunch/snack in addition to needing for Yom Tov meals.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 3:32 pm
I don't know if this helps. but the Fishing Line's main store in Howell has live Carp. they will kill it and clean it and prepare it while you watch. I'm pretty sure if you bring in your recipe they will make it while you watch. You can call to find out.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 5:04 pm
Thanks, SlateGray, I just tried them but it's too late for a custom order. (I somehow forgot about this...)

Tried Fish on River & their number is disconnected... another fish store that failed?

Anyone else have a fish store to suggest?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 6:13 pm
I'm pretty sure Fish on River closed. You can try Gourmet Glatt or Seasons and see if they are doing int.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 6:30 pm
Problem solved...
I called my mechutenisteh for her recipe and she insisted on giving me six loaves.

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 6:54 pm
amother wrote:
Problem solved...
I called my mechutenisteh for her recipe and she insisted on giving me six loaves.

Oh wow!
You sure did a nice shidduch! Very Happy

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 10:38 pm
Quote:
Problem solved...
Quote:
Oh wow!
You sure did a nice shidduch! Very Happy
And how. And that's not the only reason!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen