Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
ISO baked steak recipe with root vegetables

momoftwo2

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 10:49 pm
I Have Swiss steak in my fridge that I want to prepare for yt. I recall making once steak in the oven with root vegetables, then blending the vegetables and use it as a sauce. I can't find the recipe now and would love to make it. We don't use any spices, fresh garlic or ready sauces or ketchup

heidi

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 1:24 am
I think swiss steak is what we call potted steak. Tons of onions on the bottom of the pan. Also mushrooms if you use them/like them. Steak on top with whatever spices you do use. Pour in about 1/2 a cup of dry red wine and a drop of water. Cover and bake on low for about 2 hours or on the stove top on a low flame. Add potatoes, root verggies and cover and bake again for another 2-3 hours.

Gneshe

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 4:04 am
I use the following on my minute steak:
Saute onions, add chopped celery root, sliced carrots, peeled red/green peppers- saute for 10 min. Add salt, sugar, grated ginger, wine.
Put over meat and bake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics