Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Letter to the editor in mispahcha
1  2  Next

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 7:30 pm
I lol at the letter to the editor about lightly glazed. Who else read it?

theotherone

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 9:12 pm
Me too!!!

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 9:17 pm
I did. I remember that poster on here. She failed to mention in her letter to the editor that her other posts here were location centric - meaning she was asking for Brooklyn advice but never specified that it was Brooklyn. Those posts here never get many replies, other than snark from me.

harriet

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 9:20 pm
Can someone post it please?

pause

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 10:45 pm
Yeah, thanks for the warning... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 12:15 am
She also (obviously) left out the rest of the words that were in her title.
The letter really didn't make sense.

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 12:18 am
amother wrote:
She also (obviously) left out the rest of the words that were in her title.
The letter really didn't make sense.

I saw.the letter too...but there's no way that the magazine would have published her letter with that title. LOL

Honestly, I understood her letter and I heard her point although I think she may have overdone the ending (IIRC).

HelloG

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 12:58 am
Now I am curious.... What's the letter about?

Abby2

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 2:39 am
I was waiting for this!
I found the letter incredibly self righteous.

chagru

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 7:08 am
Letter was about the terrible pitfalls of forums for ladies, she did not mention imamother, but she recounted a recent story that took place when she joined. She posted a question twice and got no response, she then posted it with a provocative title, something in caps about her husband and it got hundreds of hits, thereby proving how bad these so called helpful forums are as they are a bunch of clueless ladies only interested in sensationalism, something to that effect was the gist of her letter

groisamomma

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 7:24 am
Which threads were hers? I vaguely remember reading something like this lately...

chagru

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 7:32 am
I don't remember exactly, was maybe around 4-6 weeks ago , was in caps. She said in her letter to the editor it was entitled; you won't believe what my husband did. Her theory on that thread was that ppl did not reply to her questions about whatever it was she asked in a previous thread , and when she wrote something about her husband it got hundreds of hits

harriet

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 8:11 am
chagru wrote:
I don't remember exactly, was maybe around 4-6 weeks ago , was in caps. She said in her letter to the editor it was entitled; you won't believe what my husband did. Her theory on that thread was that ppl did not reply to her questions about whatever it was she asked in a previous thread , and when she wrote something about her husband it got hundreds of hits

OK, I don't know how to link but if you do a search (on imamother) for the word "jerk" it'll be the first thread that shows up

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 8:15 am

Last edited by cnc on Mon, Apr 25 2016, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 8:15 am
But honestly though, we can still learn something from that letter. I might go back to see the threads but if you think about it
- one can spend way too much time here
- how many times have people jumped to conclusions on the sb threads instead of trying to strike a balance of treating a poster with dignity and suspecting there might be more to the story. And that even when there's not more to the story, someone's sb is at stake and the majority of the time, the marriage deserves to be saved and not scarred by discussion here.
- look at Marina's recent tzedaka appeal and how she juiced up the title for attention. Not the only time a poster's done that.

chagru

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 8:59 am
As with everything common sense has to be used. When a poster comes on here seeking support she usually feels validated when others relate and empathize, there is also often good and practical advise from ppl who have been through a similar challenge. The OP has to use her sense to take the good and discard the unhelpful. I think the support offered here can sometimes be a lifeline to someone who feels alone and misunderstood

imasoftov

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 9:15 am
I don't read Mishpacha, just want to know if she wrote "$@x" in the letter.

noosheen

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 10:29 am
am I the only one (and I'm sure I'm not) that did not take the side of the girl (forget her name)in this story 'lightly glazed'? I did not immediately think that her husband was controlling and in the wrong. I thought 1. there are 2 sides of a story and 2. this girl has a unhealthy addiction to her phone.

so, let's not blame this site for people jumping to conclusions. all of us get what we want from ima mother and leave what we don't. I think that the person who wrote the letter to mishpacha exaggerated a bit when she says she posted a few times with no responses here. no responses at all? and she posted the same question a number of times? I highly doubt that, but then again, there ARE 2 sides to every story!!

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 10:36 am
imasoftov wrote:
I don't read Mishpacha, just want to know if she wrote "$@x" in the letter.

No she substituted a very neutral title for the actual title of the thread.

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 10:51 am
www.imamother.com/forum/viewto.....82721

Mama Bear posted the letter.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room