Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Shulem shaimos - phone number?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 11:07 pm
So I am embarrassed to say I think I made a mistake -

There was a shaimos truck on the corner of L and Nostrand. No one was there and the back was closed, although it wasn't locked. On the back was a sign to not leave shaimos by the truck when it wasn't attended (which I guessed would be bad for the shaimos and a chillul hashem too to see things around the street by the truck). I pulled over to finish a phone call and then go to another truck, also Shulem I think, when a lady came over with 3 large garbage bags. She lifted up the back of the truck and threw them in. As she walked away, I thought maybe she was Mrs. Shulem or something, so I asked, "Excuse me? Is that ok to do?" To which she replied, "I think so, yeah!"

So instead of going to the other truck, I did the same thing as she did and carried on. But it bothers me - I really think I should have known better. "by" probably means inside. It also said doing so would be ganaiva which (hello, bt here) I inferred meant some sort of chillul hashem, maris ayin, of having garbage littered outside the truck. I have no idea what it means or if I'm remembering the word correctly.

And I'm sure you give a donation of some sort to these trucks, right?

So I was wondering if anyone knows the number for this truck gemach/shaimos thing so I can fess up and make a donation...

Thanks so much.

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 11:21 pm
The money you pay is for the people running the company. Genizah costs money. They bury it bkavod and to do so there is a fee just like we pay for other things. If it says its geneiva its because ots the persons business. I dont have their number but I do encourage you to make that call. Non of us wanna come back down here for $15.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 4:31 pm
Thanks. Does anyone have the number?

queen76

Post Sat, Apr 30 2016, 11:32 pm
347-623-6956

Mevater

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 3:53 am
What do people in Brooklyn do with Shaimos after Pesach?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:14 am
Mevater wrote:
What do people in Brooklyn do with Shaimos after Pesach?

Pinter's sefarim store only. Before Pesach and throughout the year. Every other year there is a scandal with the trucks so you need to know the person you are entrusting with your shaimos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries