Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO chol hamoed activity between NYC and Lakewood NJ

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 10:42 pm
I feel pretty sure that I asked this last yomtov, or last year, or at most the year before that, but I'm not finding the thread so we'll do it all over again.

Need to meet up with relatives coming from Lakewood. We are coming from NYC.

~ People: 2 older adults, 2 of us, 2 preschool age kids. It definitely has to be not boring for the kids because they had a pretty boring visiting relatives type of day today already, after already having a little cabin fever from the first days of YT. But it can't be too childish either or it will get too annoying for our adult companions.
~ Budget: how low can you go?
~ Location: Kids do not like car rides, so I'd like it to be as close to NY as possible, but the NJ contingent doesn't want to come all the way to NY and we have to come far enough out for them to feel... whatever it is you need them to feel when they want you to come and you don't want to shlep. We are not coming from the Brooklyn side of NY so Staten Island is not so close, but I guess you could do worse.

We are hoping to do this tomorrow and it's supposed to rain. So I guess zoo is not the best option.

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 6:13 am
http://www.funnewjersey.com/

You can look up something in northern Jersey or halfway between, and they divide into categories, including rainy days and kids

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 7:48 am
Liberty science center, its not so cheap, but a nice amount to do there and they have an area for younger kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics