Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do I clean my electric range glass top without damaging?

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 8:04 am
So I got a new electric range as my new house doesn't have a gas line. I cooked up a storm before yom tov and when I tried cleaning the glass it gets scratched, or stains remain. And I use only a Scotch brite!! How can I clean it?

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 2:15 pm
Bump

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 2:23 pm
I heard that there are special razors for glass cook tops that help you scrape away dirt without scratching the surface. Call the company for a recommendation for yours.

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 3:37 pm
I used the scouring pad provided, but the stains either stayed put, or when I rubbed more aggressively, left scratches.
Thing is, we were thinking of keeping this one for all year, and worry next year what to do, (either cooktop, crock pot, hot plate, etc or buy a new range) now that this is not so nice anymore, I was thinking of keeping this in the shed for next pesach, and get a new one right after yom tov for all year.(who wants to foot the bill????) But before I decide I must know of a proper way to clean it so I don't damage anymore.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 3:25 pm
I use Carbona ceramic cooktop cleaner. I first use Windex and paper towels to get superficial stains off. Then I thoroughly wet the Carbona sponge as directed, apply to the stovetop with the soft side of the sponge, wait around half an hour, rub as hard as I can in a circular motion with the rough side, rinse, and wipe dry.

Here is the thing: If you have let the stovetop get too dirty, it will not all come off at once. However, if you do this day after day, it will eventually become quite clean. Maybe not as good as new, which I wouldn't know, since this stovetop came with the house, but nice and clean, with no scratches. You have to be persistent and do it day after day. Once you have it cleaned, it pays to do a quick clean up every day or two to prevent really bad stains being burnt in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry