Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Matza mostly broken

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 11:35 am
what do you do when your matza is mostly broken ... I had to use a broken one for yachatz for the second seder - that is how broken they all were ... some broke in front of my eyes they were so delicate ... tasty but delicate

which it occurred to me why we have 3 matzos ... since we break the middle one - we still have lechem mishna for hamotzie

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 11:49 am
We had the same problem this year. We had enough whole matzos for the sedarim, but not for the day meals. We bought enough matzos for the whole Pesach, but now we have to go buy more for the second days, just to get whole ones. Hopefully there will bee enough whole ones in the boxes.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 11:59 am
I would complain to the one you bought it from. They will likely not do anything but at least take a stand.

I buy my shmura matzos from a chabura that packages whole and broken ones separately. You can buy a box of all whole ones for a higher price and all broken ones for a lower price. It's an excellent arrangement, especially if you tend to nosh on matzah all chol hamoed when you don't need whole ones. Of course the whole ones can still break in transit but you have a much better fighting chance when you know they all started out whole and neatly stacked. If you're interested for next year I can give you the number via PM but they only make a small run so I'm not sure how many orders they take.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 12:20 pm
One company (forget the name now...shaatzer?.) packages it really well. With paper in the corners of the box, ships it to the store in full cases that are tied together... Ask around your city to see which brand near you generally comes in whole.

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 12:49 pm
I bought two boxes of lakewood spelt this year. $26.99 each and one was almost all broken. I wanted to cry. Its really frustrating!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 1:14 pm
well I usually separate the shelaimim from the broken ... this year I didn't get as many pounds and there was not much to do ... this is special matza my rav makes so I am grateful even sans the shelaimim
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics