Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Help me with my meat

sped

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 9:05 pm
I defrosted the wrong meat for Y'T- #8 in Israel (my list says mock tender/shoulder calachel) instead of #6 (London Broil). Can I prepare it the same way? If not, what should I do?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 9:07 pm
sped wrote:
I defrosted the wrong meat for Y'T- #8 in Israel (my list says mock tender/shoulder calachel) instead of #6 (London Broil). Can I prepare it the same way? If not, what should I do?

It's a lean tough meat and needs low and slow with liquid.

sped

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 9:18 pm
How long is that? Is 2-3 hours with water, vinegar and ketchup (plus more flavoring) enough liquid?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 9:52 pm
sped wrote:
How long is that? Is 2-3 hours with water, vinegar and ketchup (plus more flavoring) enough liquid?

Would come out more moist on stove top. About 40 minutes per pound in a pot if you're still going to cool overnight, then slice and reheat for a while on the blech before the meal where it will further tenderize in the liquid.

sped

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 11:25 pm
Thanks! I don't have an oven so it needs to be on the stove. Is it better not to cook too long?
Thanks so much for the advice!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics