Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Is this spoiled? Time sensitive

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 10:09 pm
I made a corned beef that I planned on serving tomorrow night. My husband and I both tried a small piece of it, while we were eating it, it tasted fine. Then a few minutes later we both felt nauseas for a little while. That was about an hour ago, I feel fine now and my husband is mostly ok. Does that mean the corned beef was spoiled? It was a pickled corned beef that I cooked for 4 hours in the oven. It tasted delicious while we ate it, it was only after we didn't feel too great. Any advice appreciated.
Thank you.

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 10:12 pm
Usually it takes ato least a few hours to feel.the after effects of spoiled food.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 3:02 am
Was it pickled when you bought it, or did you pickle it yourself?

If you purchased it already pickled, it should be preserved enough to head off any serious spoilage. That was the whole reason pickling meat was invented.

Meat is rarely the culprit in food poisoning. You're much more likely to get it from chicken or fish. (Ground meat is the exception, it's very likely to make you sick unless you cook it all the way through.)

I'm pretty laid back about food handling. I thaw things on the counter, etc. I've yet to poison anyone. Things have to be pretty bad to get poisoning from a pickled meat, and it would smell sour to you, and taste kind of "sharp".

etky

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 8:01 am
Was it at all fatty?
Sometimes I get briefly nauseous after eating a rich food, especially if it's something fried or fatty.
I think it's pretty likely your corned beef is fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics