Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Nachat moment of the chag

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:06 am
So I know it was hard work. And the kids got tired and cranky. And there were issues with inlaws and you gained too much weight and ran out of eggs or whatever. But.... Can you find a nice nachas moment and post I here? The best few minutes of the entire chag?

This is mine (and believe me I'm not boasting. There were plenty of difficulty moments as well)......

Woke up Friday (YT 7 shel Pesach) morning to hear my two youngest kids playing "kriyat yam suf.". Saying to each other "and now we are going to jump into the sea, and it will split.". And a short while later"now we are Egyptians going in the sea on our chariot". And the older ds was on rollerblades, and he was pulling the youngest who was sitting on an office chair with wheels. And the older one told me "look...I am the rider, ave he is the horse, and we are Egyptians going into the sea...."

You can share your nachas moment here if you want.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:21 am
My very picky guests unanimously declared that my salmon was "the best that they'd ever had in their whole lives."

Recipe:

Get VERY fresh salmon filets from the fish market.
Bake in toaster oven until 3/4 cooked.
Drizzle a mix of honey and lemon juice over it.
Finish baking until "almost done", and then put it on the blech, or on top of the toaster oven, where it will finish cooking, but not get dried out.

Serve!

heidi

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:25 am
My two oldest children (adults, though not in the marrying stage yet) collaborated on a cute and funny ma nishtana rendition. We were on the floor laughing and I was so happy to see these two very different personalities finding common ground.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:31 am
my 8 yr old saw that I was wiped out from cooking for everyone/cleaning up, and she made me scrambled eggs and served it to me with a cup of water and a cup of applesauce for dessert. then she cleaned up her room and the hallway on chol homoed and offered to clean her brother's room. she repeated the scrambled eggs again the next day because she wanted to give me breakfast in bed so I could rest.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:37 am
Took kids to a 99cent store and gave them a certain amount they could spend.
2 kids took part of their spending money and each one bought something with a quote on it for mother. (I am who I am because of my mother...)

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:10 pm
My children who normally never help me in the kitchen suddenly became really helpful and helped me cook.
When we came back late after a chol hamoed trip instead of kvetching about how hungry they are and when is supper they each helped make supper by cutting a salad or cutting an onion or setting the table or mixing and bringing things and doing everything I asked them to. Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:14 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
my 8 yr old saw that I was wiped out from cooking for everyone/cleaning up, and she made me scrambled eggs and served it to me with a cup of water and a cup of applesauce for dessert. then she cleaned up her room and the hallway on chol homoed and offered to clean her brother's room. she repeated the scrambled eggs again the next day because she wanted to give me breakfast in bed so I could rest.

This made me tear up! It's moments like these that makes all the stress and worry of parenting worth while. What an amazing girl you have!

N'sMom

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:44 pm
MummieD, you have a special child, ba"h! Enjoy her! In my case it wasn't just one moment but a general feeling. I had a accident earlier this year so a lot of the responsibility for pesach fell on my (adult, as yet unmarried) DD. We got it done but I assumed that meant she wouldn't have time to go into the haggadah before yt and prepare somehting to say. But both nights and at a few of the other yom tov meals she said beautiful things that she took the time to prepare in advance. It made our pesach.

shoshana2

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 1:07 pm
Singing Hallel with all my children at the Seder.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 2:16 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
This made me tear up! It's moments like these that makes all the stress and worry of parenting worth while. What an amazing girl you have!

yup! she's a sweetheart.

mha3484

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 2:44 pm
My 5 year old ate way more sweets than I would have liked.
Last night he begged me to make a salad for his dinner and ate 3 helpings.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 2:47 pm
My son unpacked our duffle bags and defoiled the kitchen. And went to sleep with minimal fuss.

Boruch Hashem for cheder today.

Raisin

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:04 pm
occasionally my kids did what asked without complaining that x wasn't helping.

Volunteer

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:27 pm
My 15 mo. Saw a baby crying in her bouncy seat and gave her his toy to help her feel better.

He got really excited when they took out the Torah in synagogue, and he was waving his hands and chanting "Torah, Torah! " He toddled up to kiss the Torah.

RedCurls

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:41 pm
we went to a hotel and my children brought my breakfast in bed almost every day and played quietly with the baby. They learn a lot from their father :-)

salt

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 1:59 am
My 15 year old son washed the floors on Erev Pesach - he offered, he wasn't asked to. And was the first to get out the ladder to put the pesach stuff away of motzei shabbat.

hila

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 2:13 am
My biggest nachat moment was being at the birth of my grandson on Wednesday Chol Hamoed BH

But apart from that was seeing how wonderfully all the grandkids took part in the seder (age 6 to 2.25)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 3:07 am
Mazeltov Hila!

UnFarvosNischt

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 6:32 am
What a beautiful thread Smile I don't have yet kids but you can all be proud mothers Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics