Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
11 yr old safe facial hair removal

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 11:05 am
I noticed dd is starting to get dark hairs on her upper lip. She's only 11 but tall, more developed than most kids her age, and very mature. I'd love to get rid of the hair but I want something permanent like laser or electrolysis. Are this methods safe at that age? And if not are there any other options? I'd rather her not bleach/wax, as I did and the hair got thicker and darker over time. My best results were from laser, but I did it when I was much older.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 11:10 am
I started electrolysis at about that age and did laser in my older teens. I regret not going straight for last. No reason it should be less safe now than in 5 years.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:05 pm
OP how did you approach with DD? I have same issue and am worried about making her self concious. She is 14.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
OP how did you approach with DD? I have same issue and am worried about making her self concious. She is 14.

If it doesn't bother your DD, then don't mention it. If she comes to you and asks for advice, then definitely go for laser.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 1:00 pm
Laser on the face grows back ime.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 3:40 pm
Op here

Thanks for replies

I just took her to wax her eyebrows. Not to shape it but just clean a few extra areas. Resulted in natural but very clean neat look. They don't look waxed, just pretty. So today I just told her you know how we waxed your eyebrows? I think I want to try it on upper lip. I was very casual about it, told her everyone has, just most people wax/laser or something, so you don't see it. She was chilled, it was a 2 second conversation, not a big deal.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 12:01 pm
No waxing or laser until MUCH later say the beauticians.
And don't tell her she needs to be different unless she wants it, nor do "all people" do it shock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics