Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Has anyone changed their mind about Trump?
1  2  Next

Simple1

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 10:41 am
In the past weeks, he suddenly is getting more and more votes, so it seems that in the general public, more and more people are liking him. Personally, I'm disliking him more and more each day. Hate his arrogance and rudeness.

But what I hate most is the double standard. One of the reasons people like him is because "he says it as it is", not PC, etc. But if any other candidate opens their mouth the wrong way, they get beaten up. Look at what happened to Cruz with the New York values comment. And he didn't even mean it the way people to took it. Trump is like the popular kid in high school who can do no wrong.

Another concern is his trustworthiness. He is selling a brand that people are buying into. Just think of the Trump University scam.

Is anyone else struggling like I am to figure out how it got to this point?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 10:44 am
I used to like him, but began disliking him and at this point dont like any of the contender

doctorima

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 11:42 am
DH says Trump is the PT Barnum of our generation, and sadly, there's still a sucker born every minute!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 12:51 pm
I can't say that I "like" Trump, but I don't see any candidates that I like more. It's a sad state of politics, all around.

marina

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 1:17 pm
In general election polls, Clinton beats Trump by so much that any vote for Trump in the primaries essentially secures Clinton's presidency.

Thanks all you Trumpers!!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 1:22 pm
marina wrote:
In general election polls, Clinton beats Trump by so much that any vote for Trump in the primaries essentially secures Clinton's presidency.

I think in the end it's going to be a close call. On the flip side of the coin, I've been saying that if people didn't hate Clinton and Sanders so much, Trump wouldn't have a prayer in the world.

Like the Chinese curse says, we live in "interesting times".

etky

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 2:32 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I think in the end it's going to be a close call. On the flip side of the coin, I've been saying that if people didn't hate Clinton and Sanders so much, Trump wouldn't have a prayer in the world.

Like the Chinese curse says, we live in "interesting times".

http://www.rasmussenreports.co.....on_39
This poll was just reported in the Israeli media tonight.
It's a very, very tenuous lead but perhaps it augers a trend?
Many people here, halfway across the world, are still incredulous that Trump has come thus far. The prospect of him actually winning the election still seems dystopian and unreal but who knows? In any case it's still 6 months away and anything could happen in the interim.
I can't say I'm following the electoral process all that closely (too painful) but so far I haven't changed my mind regarding any of the candidates, certainly not Trump.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 3:19 pm
Trump is now claiming that Ted Cruz's father spent time with Lee Harvey Oswald before he assassinated President Kennedy.

Maya

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 3:41 pm
marina wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 3:54 pm
If it comes down to Trump vs Clinton, will the haters get past their hangups and do the right thing? Or will they let a megolomaniac win?

Simple1

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 5:01 pm
youngishbear wrote:
If it comes down to Trump vs Clinton, will the haters get past their hangups and do the right thing? Or will they let a megolomaniac win?

The Hillary haters? I don't hate her at all. I just don't agree with her policies. But I also can't vote for Trump.

Simple1

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 5:03 pm
marina wrote:

Well I kind of liked Kasich - who can beat Hillary, but too bad everyone else thought he was boring.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 5:18 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Well I kind of liked Kasich - who can beat Hillary, but too bad everyone else thought he was boring.

I didn't think he was boring, I think the laws he helped pass in Ohio destroyed women's healthcare. He's no moderate, he makes Trump look like a liberal

Miri7

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 6:01 pm
Yes, my opinion has changed. At first I thought he was an amusing sideshow. Now I'm terrified at the prospect of him being the republican nominee. Luckily, as Marina pointed out, that does improve Hillary's chances. But I don't think he's good for the level of political discourse overall.

seeker

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 11:27 pm
Miri7 wrote:
Yes, my opinion has changed. At first I thought he was an amusing sideshow. Now I'm terrified at the prospect of him being the republican nominee. Luckily, as Marina pointed out, that does improve Hillary's chances. But I don't think he's good for the level of political discourse overall.

This, precisely. I'm simply stunned that this can possibly happen. My view of Trump hasn't changed but my view of the American public and the future of the world has grown significantly darker.

PassionFruit

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 12:02 am
Yeah me too. When I started watching him it was for entertainment, it was stunning that someone could be so blunt and even funny when running for president. And part of me was thinking his unconventional, non PC views were somewhat true--good, get the Muslims away etc. But now, between him and Hillery, and G-d knows how much I hate her, I might actually think she is a safer bet than him! He's a total wild card!

WhatFor

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 6:57 am
funnyface wrote:
Yeah me too. When I started watching him it was for entertainment, it was stunning that someone could be so blunt and even funny when running for president. And part of me was thinking his unconventional, non PC views were somewhat true--good, get the Muslims away etc. But now, between him and Hillery, and G-d knows how much I hate her, I might actually think she is a safer bet than him! He's a total wild card!

A part of you thought it would be good for our country if we discriminated against a group of people based on their religion? You do realize this mentality is the reason we're not a very popular group among many Trump supporters, right?

dancingqueen

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 11:04 am
funnyface wrote:

Just curious why do you hate Hillary so much?

PassionFruit

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 11:40 am
The main reason is that I am pro-Israel and have relatives there. I think her liberal ideals and total ignorance about the situation there are dangerous.
This also left a very bad taste in my mouth: http://www.thedailybeast.com/a......html
The truth is, now that it is down to her and Trump, I'm starting to think she may be better. Trump could probably be diagnosed with something...He seems like the type to wake up one morning and say, "lets spice things up again and nuke canada!"

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:42 pm
I don't think I have ever wanted to punch someone so hard than I do Trump.

That is my answer.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics