Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Using Laxatives to lose weight? I'm desperate to lose weight
1  2  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 7:59 pm
I'm desperate to lose weight and sort of fond of the idea of using laxatives. I tried every diet under the sun but I have been unsuccessful. I used to use laxatives for weight loss but then stopped as I was told about the consequences. I just feel like I cant control myself any longer and want to just pop those laxatives and shed those extra pounds!

Anyone lost weight using laxatives? should I start again????????? I must lose weight fast!

Water Stones

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:22 pm
I tryed laxative but it won't work. Only if you do it every day two three time a day to take every thing out be fore it get absorb to your body. And it make me very sick dehydration.

Fast way is no white: no potato, rice, pasta, sugar, only little bread in Shabbos meal. Eat meat fish tuna chicken vegetables as much as you can fill up your stomach. Laxative only can help you losing 5 pounds less in a month time. And it hurt your body. I am sorry, I want to tell you yes do laxative but I can not.

cm

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:44 pm
Bad idea.

It sounds as though you are familiar with the consequences, so what else do you want people to say? Of course it is frustrating, but do not harm yourself with medicine intended for something else.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
I'm desperate to lose weight and sort of fond of the idea of using laxatives. I tried every diet under the sun but I have been unsuccessful. I used to use laxatives for weight loss but then stopped as I was told about the consequences. I just feel like I cant control myself any longer and want to just pop those laxatives and shed those extra pounds!

Anyone lost weight using laxatives? should I start again????????? I must lose weight fast!

Wake up! Look around you. All the people you know who have successfully lost weight and kept it up have done it over a long period of time. You're not going to lose weight fast.

You want to lose weight? You have to change your lifestyle. Forever.

If you've *REALLY* followed every diet and still haven't lost weight get your thyroid checked out.

srbmom

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:52 pm
Look into the medifast diet. I dont know much about it but my friend lost tons of weight very quickly - and she had been trying before that for years. I dont think its very healthy, its a lot of processed meal replacements, but it sounds ok for the short term.

Maybe

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:57 pm
1. http://www.njdietcenter.com/ never fails but expensive

2.start your day with as many tomatoes or oranges as you can. regardless of what you eat next it will have some effect

chani8

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:08 am
Laxatives? Those dont cause a weight loss. They get rid of your poop in a violent manner, that's all. So you'll weigh less because of less poop. It'll show a weight loss on the scale, but the next time you have poop in there, you'll weigh more. In other words, it's a lie. Do you need the scale to show a weight loss, or do you need to lose weight to fit into your clothes better? Do you want real weight loss?

If you'd like to lose weight, you have to eat less calories. Simple.as.that.

What isn't as simple, but is fun in my opinion, is learning about calories. Here is what you need to do.

Go online to a 'calorie calculator'.Calculate how many calories you need for your height and weight and activity. Most calculators allow you to enter the option to lose weight, and give a suggestion for how many calories you can eat while being able to lose.

Then, learn how to eat only that amount. You'll need to figure out how many calories are in the foods you eat. You can eat all the foods you normally eat, but you'll need to monitor portion size, and/or eliminate the high calorie foods just because it's easier that way.

Counting calories is a scientific way of losing weight. It's accurate. And it works. (unless health issues)

Rose816

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:28 am
I totally hear wanting to lose weight fast, unfortunately, most ways to lose weight fast are not healthy or sustainable. I cannot stress enough how bad of an idea taking laxatives for weight loss is. Do not do it. It is not worth the health consequences.

Eat less calories than you burn off. Do at least 30min of working out (even fast paced walking), at least 5x a week.

SRB

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:24 am
Laxatives are NOT your solution.

Sadly, I know someone who obsessed with quick-fix weightloss. I remember being on a Pesach program with her and her purse stocked with Laxatives. She is nifter now - all the quick fixes became too much stress on her body. She left behind three kids and a DH.

You need to accept that loosing weight (that will stay off) healthfully means learning to live life with healthy eating habits! Cut refined sugar and white carbs, drink more water and eat foods with high fiber. Have a treat on shabbos. Just start with this. You need a lifestyle change that's healthy and sustainable. Quick fixes DON'T last.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:35 am
OP, the question isn't HOW to lose weight, so much as WHY you have the weight.

Once you know why, you'll figure out the right "how". Are you an emotional eater? Do you feel like food is an addiction? Do you have a physical condition that makes it hard for you to exercise? One more question, what is your BMI?

I read recently that once your BMI goes over 40, that you body will refuse to lose weight. The only possibility at that point is a gastric band or bypass. If you are under 40, then you need diet and exercise, preferably with the support of a 12 step sponsor and a therapist to help you with the emotional side of eating. Without support, the best diet in the world is doomed to failure sooner or later. You have to change what's inside your head, before you can change your body.

Either way, it's not quick or easy, but you know that your health is the most important thing.

nyer1

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:53 am
bad idea.

look into 'take shape for life' .... I'm currently on it, having success, and I know other people who have been successful too.

WastingTime

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 12:28 pm
Being desperate will not make quick fixes work. Losing weight is a long hard process (unless your very lucky!). Definitely attainable and very rewarding though. I think that when your desperate you are much more likely to throw the towel in when you slip up.
Good luck !!!!!

greenfire

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 12:37 pm
they will deplete your body of needed nutrients

even if you lost weight you would gain it back again quickly

try slow & steady [easier said than done]

or go raw

MrsDash

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:08 pm
The goal is to lose fat and as little muscle as possible. By losing weight with laxatives you will most definitely lose a lot of muscle and water weight. You need muscle to keep your metabolism going strong. May work very short term, but you will likely have what they call "skinny fat" and a slowed down metabolism. Skinny fat is a fancy way of saying a lower bmi, but a higher fat percentage.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:06 pm
You have every right to enjoy your food, enjoy your life, be in good condition for your sort of person, stand up straight, sleep deeply and well, drink enough water, take your vitamins and eat a varied and intelligent diet with little sugar, plenty of protein and vegetables, a little fat for health, and agave as a better sweetener than sugar, and no obsession with food or with sweets.

Smart people do their stretches right after every shower, standing on a non-slip rubber mat, with a grab bar to hold onto, as the body is then warmed up and loose.

You also have every right to a carefully thought out wardrobe that makes you look cool.

You have a right to not feel desperate.

As you are probably young and not sick, you have every right to think you are ok as you are.

Get your hair and makeup in order, stand up straight, and you will be fine.

If you are getting competitive with women who are naturally smaller-bodied than you are, and/or who have not had children, don't. They are them and you are you.

You have to eat to not eat. That means don't wait until you are hungry to eat. Eat high fiber stuff such as celery and all that kind of thing well before you are hungry, many times a day. A cup of soup is your friend. It is good to think ahead and anticipate your needs.

bluebird

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:14 pm
I absolutely agree with everyone above stating that the way to lose weight is gradually through lifestyle change. Several of us here have done it and maintained significant weight loss permanently. The only thing laxatives are going to do for you is make you poop in an unpleasant manner (as well as cause health issues).

If you feel that you are unable to control your desire to use laxatives, please find a therapist specializing in eating disorders. Yes, this is a symptom of an eating disorder and not just a longing for fast weight loss.

MrsDash

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:47 pm
Two words: wet farts.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 5:27 pm
This is a terrible idea - don't try it, I've done it for you some time ago, you'll just be dehydrated, weak, and even the weight you think you've lost you'll see it's mostly water.
As annoying it may sound, the best best way is not to "diet" but as said higher, to be as healthy as possible.
Make yourself huuuuge salads, eat five of your favorite fruits, big batches of whole pasta, yummy chicken breasts, but don't try to eat less. This is not something that work without preparation, your stomach is a muscle and will not appreciate getting less food suddenly. Start by not changing the quantity but rather the quality.

bluebird

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:59 pm
I disagree. Changing the quantity is the way to go. You won't lose weight if you're eating the same amount but of different foods, and just eating less doesn't require you to learn a whole new way of cooking and planning meals. You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you expend until your body reaches a new equilibrium.

Amarante

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 8:58 pm
bluebird wrote:
I disagree. Changing the quantity is the way to go. You won't lose weight if you're eating the same amount but of different foods, and just eating less doesn't require you to learn a whole new way of cooking and planning meals. You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you expend until your body reaches a new equilibrium.

Actually you can trick your body by choosing food that is not as calorically dense which helps with satiation. You can eat larger quantities of fish, veggies, lean meat and fruit than foods that are more colorically dense

How many oranges or other prices of fruit can you eat before you are full versus the quantity of cake or ice cream which is more calorically dense. Similarly, you can eat a larger quantity of chicken breast or fish versus lasagna or other more calorically dense food.

Most people would not realistically be able to eat four chicken breasts but probably could easily eat the same number of calories in the form of cheesecake.

So yes, calories do count but the choice of food can be very helpful in helping one lose and maintain weight.

I've started Weight Watchers again to lose some weight and I am going with their new personal coaching option. It's great to have the ability to know you are accountable to a person as well as being able to discuss personal issues and strategies. I highly recommend it as you would pay quite a bit for this kind of personal coaching with other programs
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise