Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Who are you for in the US presidential elections???
1  2  3  4  Next

Who would you vote for to be President of the US if the election was today?
Clinton  
 25%  [ 40 ]
Sanders  
 12%  [ 20 ]
Trump  
 42%  [ 68 ]
Other  
 20%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 160

Goldie613

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 1:27 pm
There are days I feel like the circus has come to town - or maybe we're still in the middle of Purim, and have a bad case of V'nahapachu. How is that Trump, who most people didn't think would get very far, is suddenly about to be the Republican candidate?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/.....-out/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/.....-out/

So now we're down to Sanders, Clinton and Trump. Anyone else hoping for an independent candidate to show up at the last second?

Personally, I"ll probably go with Sanders. I'm not happy with what I'm seeing re him and Israel, but I think none of them are going to be too good on that front. I do think Sanders will do a better job domestically than the other ones that are still left, but none of them are hitting me as a "wow" candidate.

Were any other original contenders good for Israel? The only one I can think of was Huckabee, but he was out of the race pretty early on.

Where are all of you holding, and why?

sequoia

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 1:31 pm
Still counting on marina.

marina

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 1:35 pm
sequoia wrote:
Still counting on marina.

Mmmm... The poll results thus far do not reflect your hopes and dreams.

marina

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 1:41 pm
BUT DONT WORRY!! I am going to win! I am going to win bigly! I am the best at winning! THE BEST! Believe me! Believe me!

Raisin

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 1:43 pm
I don't think Sanders will win the nomination. If I was a voter I would vote for Hillary. Or Sanders if he won the nomination.

No doubt Marina would be a better candidate then them all. She's even got a law background.

Maya

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 1:44 pm
marina wrote:
BUT DONT WORRY!! I am going to win! I am going to win bigly! I am the best at winning! THE BEST! Believe me! Believe me!

LOL
Incredible. Amazing.

Sadie

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 1:47 pm
Maya wrote:
LOL
Incredible. Amazing.

Yooge.

Maya

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 1:50 pm
Sadie wrote:
Yooge.

That's too few Os. LOL

animeme

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:00 pm
Honestly, I've been kind of depressed all day. I honestly have no idea. I am a big proponent of always voting, even as a Republican in a blue state, but I'm thinking that since I do live in a blue state, I may actually stay home. Or I'll throw my vote away to the Libertarians.

Last edited by animeme on Wed, May 04 2016, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

gold21

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:00 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
There are days I feel like the circus has come to town - or maybe we're still in the middle of Purim, and have a bad case of V'nahapachu. How is that Trump, who most people didn't think would get very far, is suddenly about to be the Republican candidate?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/.....-out/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/.....-out/

So now we're down to Sanders, Clinton and Trump. Anyone else hoping for an independent candidate to show up at the last second?

Personally, I"ll probably go with Sanders. I'm not happy with what I'm seeing re him and Israel, but I think none of them are going to be too good on that front. I do think Sanders will do a better job domestically than the other ones that are still left, but none of them are hitting me as a "wow" candidate.

Were any other original contenders good for Israel? The only one I can think of was Huckabee, but he was out of the race pretty early on.

Where are all of you holding, and why?

You're saying that you find the current candidates to be circus-like, but u mention Sanders as your candidate of choice. Why him? I think his comments on Israel demonstrate total lack of knowledge on foreign policy issues. His domestic policies seem nice in theory but totally unrealistic. Hes the same old same old p.c. liberal candidate.

Hilary Clinton is so much more "normal", at least in my mind. Why Sanders over Clinton? Clinton seems more presidential, more moderate, and her policies are more realistic than Sanders.

Huckabee is a total right wing extremist, in my opinion. He hung out a whole bunch with the Duggar family, remember? They are as circus-like as it gets.

I would take Trump over Huckabee any day. Ok, he is a wildcard, true, but Huckabee annoys the heck out of me lol.

boysrus

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:06 pm
marina wrote:

LOL now I am seriously rolling with laughter!

Goldie613

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:18 pm
gold21 wrote:
You're saying that you find the current candidates to be circus-like, but u mention Sanders as your candidate of choice. Why him? I think his comments on Israel demonstrate total lack of knowledge on foreign policy issues. His domestic policies seem nice in theory but totally unrealistic. Hes the same old same old p.c. liberal candidate.

Hilary Clinton is so much more "normal", at least in my mind. Why Sanders over Clinton?

Huckabee is a total right wing extremist, in my opinion. He hung out a whole bunch with the Duggar family, remember? They are as circus-like as it gets.

I would take Trump over Huckabee any day.

Sorry for being unclear - I find the whole situation circus like, not any one candidate in particular. I mean, other than those of us that enjoy following politics (myself included), when's the last time anyone spoke of the election process as "entertaining"? And yet this year it seems to be everyone's favorite sideshow to comment on.

Re Sanders - he seems to understand that the country is broke, that people are having a hard time financially, and will hopefully do something to fix it. Some of his ideas remind me a bit of what Roosevelt was trying to do with his New Deal policies, and I think the country could use that right now.

But yes, he doesn't have much experience when it comes to foreign matters, which Clinton does have. Only I find it hard to believe that she'd have any idea what it's like to try to balance a budget when the money doesn't quite stretch far enough. Or that she'd do enough to help that situation get better.

Sigh...like I said, none of them are 100% great. I suspect it's going to come down to a question of what we as a country think is the most important thing to focus on going forward. Concerned about domestic issues and you have progressive leanings? Sanders. Concerned about domestic issues but you don't like Sanders views, or you are strongly anti-immigrants? Trump. Concerned about foreign issues? Clinton.

Wouldn't it be nice if at least one of them seemed able to handle both foreign and domestic issues well? And in a way that wouldn't be bad for Israel?

Simple1

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:36 pm
Can someone please explain why the primaries are set up so that not all the states get to vote?

I don't know if I can vote for either. I can't help but think how many good choices we had just this summer, and it had to be Trump. It's not necessarily his positions that bother me, but how can you have someone with such a bad character to be the head of the country. Besides for the fact that I don't know if he's stable or serious.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:00 pm
Marina , I love you
But based on years and years of your posts, I'm not convinced you are the most pro-israel candidate

Miri7

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:06 pm
I am "for" Sanders knowing and being happy that I will be voting for Hillary in the general election. So at this point, my vote and support for Sanders is more for his having an impact on politics and changing the conversation.

I think that Hillary will be a fantastic president and is very qualified, particularly on foreign policy issues. I agree with Gold21 and Goldie613 (lots of gold!) above that Sanders is somewhat lacking in foreign policy knowledge and experience.

doctorima

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:19 pm
I nominate Yael! Only she can make Imamother and the US great again! Oh wait, is she a US citizen...

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:36 pm
marina wrote:

I hereby withdraw my endorsement.

Your post triggered my Post Trump Speech Disorder.

If only Albus Percival Wulfric Brian were around to take the job. Crying

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:41 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Sorry for being unclear - I find the whole situation circus like, not any one candidate in particular. I mean, other than those of us that enjoy following politics (myself included), when's the last time anyone spoke of the election process as "entertaining"? And yet this year it seems to be everyone's favorite sideshow to comment on.

Re Sanders - he seems to understand that the country is broke, that people are having a hard time financially, and will hopefully do something to fix it. Some of his ideas remind me a bit of what Roosevelt was trying to do with his New Deal policies, and I think the country could use that right now.

But yes, he doesn't have much experience when it comes to foreign matters, which Clinton does have. Only I find it hard to believe that she'd have any idea what it's like to try to balance a budget when the money doesn't quite stretch far enough. Or that she'd do enough to help that situation get better.

Sigh...like I said, none of them are 100% great. I suspect it's going to come down to a question of what we as a country think is the most important thing to focus on going forward. Concerned about domestic issues and you have progressive leanings? Sanders. Concerned about domestic issues but you don't like Sanders views, or you are strongly anti-immigrants? Trump. Concerned about foreign issues? Clinton.

Wouldn't it be nice if at least one of them seemed able to handle both foreign and domestic issues well? And in a way that wouldn't be bad for Israel?

https://www.washingtonpost.com......html

Apparently politics as entertainment is an American tradition.

But back then I'll bet even comedians were more cerebral than the silliness that often passes for humor these days.

bluebird

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:24 pm
The Republican party is in a bad shape. They were completely blindsided by Trump and don't want him to have the nomination. Almost all of Cruz's peers can't stand him, which I guess doesn't matter now but it's telling that they don't like Trump more. There was talk of the Republicans just rejecting Trump and nominating someone else, forcing Trump to be a third party candidate. I guess that could still happen. They could even bring back one of the better candidates that dropped out early and have a viable candidate.

But at this point it's voting for the least objectionable person that has a chance of winning. I'm scared to vote for a third-party candidate as protest and not have a vote against Trump. I'll take Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders any day over that dangerous individual.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 5:58 pm
I don't know if we've ever had such a lesser of two evils choice in my lifetime.
I'm sad that the American people have shown their true colors. Leaving aside Trump's being a mudne Machievellian mushchas, he's a RINO. Not that that would necessarily bother me, but it's mind-boggling that he's the "non-establishment" let's show them" candidate.

It also bothers me how much people enjoy his unfilteredness. Other presidents, etc. have shown themselves to be not nice people but they understood the need for discretion, or the illusion of discretion (think tapes, etc.). People LOVE this guy. (Oh, and the cult of personality issue too.) Not because he brings out the best in them but because he can get away with anything.

And I hope people don't think that bullying, name-calling, avoiding the issues via side-show is now the way to get things done. I'd hate to see that being legitimized.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics