Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Who are you for in the US presidential elections???
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Who would you vote for to be President of the US if the election was today?
Clinton  
 25%  [ 40 ]
Sanders  
 12%  [ 20 ]
Trump  
 42%  [ 68 ]
Other  
 20%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 160

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 8:59 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Joe Biden is not running for president

Though he is younger than Sanders.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 9:01 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Though he is younger than Sanders.

And he's the Vice President, and not running for President

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 9:05 pm
busymom wrote:
I'm not really into politics, just skim the headlines really, though I'd say I'm more conservative regarding taxes and gov control. Honestly, I originally thought that Trump didn't stand a chance and would have bet money that he'd never be the Republican candidate. However, I do want to say that I think many ppl are too quick to judge him by all the noise he tends to create. I've watched some of the Apprentice episodes, and I he kinda grew on me and I came to respect him.

Respect him or skills that he might be able to use to do this job effectively? Because no way can I ever imagine myself actually respecting what's his hair (vs. acting in a way that shows respect for the office, I.e. in Jan. 2017 if Moshiach's not here and he's elected, I'd definitely say Mr. What's His Hair).

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 9:09 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
And he's the Vice President, and not running for President

Just saying that if he would be drafted.
And anyone heard the Puke buzz about Gingrich as what's his hair's running mate? The family values party! 6 marriages and 4 divorces between them! But also, I understand how an inexperienced president might want a beard, like Biden and Cheney. But doesn't the party envision the next 8 years going swimmingly, so much so that whoever the veep would be would be the logical 2024 nominee? Gingrich is simply too old, among other too things.

sourstix

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 9:44 pm
Btw all the money trump has is yerusha and the "deals" he talks about all made him bankrupt except some of which he had some mazal and not bec he knows how do "deals"
Just putting this out so for those who are not following politics closely would be informed

sourstix

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 9:45 pm
Can someone just make him go away? I can't even look at his face

BasMelech120

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 11:09 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
I think it's terrifying that 50% of a group of religious people/women would vote for a president who wants to ban Muslims from entering the US. Would we feel the same if another country banned Jews?

Did Jews ever give a country a reason to be banned? No. Did Jews ever preach 'Death to America' and then march in there as 'refugees'? No. Did Jews ever commit hundreds of suicide bombs in the name of G-d? No. Did Jews ever release hundreds of videos to incite fear in the citizen of the countries they wish to populate? No.

Did Muslims ever give a country a reason to be banned? Yes. Did Muslims ever preach 'Death to America' and then march in there as 'refugees'? Yes. Did Muslims ever commit hundreds of suicide bombs in the name of their god? Yes. Did Muslims ever release hundreds of videos to incite fear in the citizens of the countries they wish to populate? Yes.

So get real. There is no problem with letting reality in and realizing that yes, some groups pose a greater threat to a country. And if a temporary ban is important while the vetting system is installed and ADHERED TO, then so be it.

And think about this: If I had a hundred little candies in my hand and told you that only one of them is poisoned, would you take a risk and eat just one candy? If you value your life, I'm assuming the answer would be 'no'. Just the same, if there is a risk that even one in a hundred 'refugees' has the potential to blow him/herself up in your neighborhood, do you still think that they should just be allowed in???

Simple1

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 12:24 pm
busymom wrote:
I'm not really into politics, just skim the headlines really, though I'd say I'm more conservative regarding taxes and gov control. Honestly, I originally thought that Trump didn't stand a chance and would have bet money that he'd never be the Republican candidate. However, I do want to say that I think many ppl are too quick to judge him by all the noise he tends to create. I've watched some of the Apprentice episodes, and I he kinda grew on me and I came to respect him. True, the guy has no filter and says things he later regrets. But it was so interesting to see how he was able to get to the crux of an issue in minutes during boardroom meetings. He'd ask questions about how the team members performed, and some would try to dance around the answers, to protect friends or avoid making enemies, but he'd get to the bottom of things and make very insightful remarks. He's not a stupid guy. Quite shrewd actually and def knows how to get things done. True, it would be nice to have a president who is more poised and diplomatic, but I think I'd rather deal with a brash straight-talker whose flaws are right out there than a woman who has been accused of being deceptive numerous times. Besides, maybe the reason why things don't get done in government is BECAUSE most political leaders tend to be... well... beat-around-the-bush politicians!
It's also interesting to read what Trump's longtime frum lawyer from Teaneck has to say:
http://www.vosizneias.com/2378.....tial/

Regarding the bolded, I never watched the Apprentice. But I've heard other shows take a lot of video footage and cut it to fit into the allotted amount of time.

Simple1

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 12:27 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

It also bothers me how much people enjoy his unfilteredness. Other presidents, etc. have shown themselves to be not nice people but they understood the need for discretion, or the illusion of discretion (think tapes, etc.). People LOVE this guy. (Oh, and the cult of personality issue too.) Not because he brings out the best in them but because he can get away with anything.

And I hope people don't think that bullying, name-calling, avoiding the issues via side-show is now the way to get things done. I'd hate to see that being legitimized.

I agree. It especially bothers me that only Trump is allowed to "say it like it is". Once Cruz said the New York values comments, he was finished .

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 2:35 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Regarding the bolded, I never watched the Apprentice. But I've heard other shows take a lot of video footage and cut it to fit into the allotted amount of time.

I've watched it. There was an episode where he told a woman to get on her knees. Yes.

That's your president, right there.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 2:38 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I've watched it. There was an episode where he told a woman to get on her knees. Yes...

OH, I thought that was former president Bill Clinton.

Simple1

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 2:39 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I've watched it. There was an episode where he told a woman to get on her knees. Yes.

That's your president, right there.

I heard that in an anti-Trump ad. So off-putting.

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 2:45 pm
BasMelech120 wrote:
Did Jews ever give a country a reason to be banned? No. Did Jews ever preach 'Death to America' and then march in there as 'refugees'? No. Did Jews ever commit hundreds of suicide bombs in the name of G-d? No. Did Jews ever release hundreds of videos to incite fear in the citizen of the countries they wish to populate? No.

Did Muslims ever give a country a reason to be banned? Yes. Did Muslims ever preach 'Death to America' and then march in there as 'refugees'? Yes. Did Muslims ever commit hundreds of suicide bombs in the name of their god? Yes. Did Muslims ever release hundreds of videos to incite fear in the citizens of the countries they wish to populate? Yes.

So get real. There is no problem with letting reality in and realizing that yes, some groups pose a greater threat to a country. And if a temporary ban is important while the vetting system is installed and ADHERED TO, then so be it.

And think about this: If I had a hundred little candies in my hand and told you that only one of them is poisoned, would you take a risk and eat just one candy? If you value your life, I'm assuming the answer would be 'no'. Just the same, if there is a risk that even one in a hundred 'refugees' has the potential to blow him/herself up in your neighborhood, do you still think that they should just be allowed in???

You do realize that this is how it begins, right? Choosing one religion as better?

Your argument sickens me. The refugee argument? Try this on: 3-5% of Americans are sociopaths. That's more than one in one hundred, yet you let these normal everyday people move in next door to you every day.

This is how it begins

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 2:46 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I heard that in an anti-Trump ad. So off-putting.

You can find it on you tube, but why bother. It's offensive.

gold21

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 3:28 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
You do realize that this is how it begins, right? Choosing one religion as better?

Your argument sickens me. The refugee argument? Try this on: 3-5% of Americans are sociopaths. That's more than one in one hundred, yet you let these normal everyday people move in next door to you every day.

This is how it begins

Why does the argument sicken you?
Guess what. When I see a guy walking down a quiet street whem im out alone at night, im a lot more anxious than when I see a woman walking down the street.
Sorry, was than not p.c. to say?

If a country is riddled with terrorist and extremist activity, it is wise to be wary of accepting refugees from those countries. It is true that Mr Trump generalized too much and referenced muslims in general, which is a bit illogical- but with regard to the argument that we should be wary of accepting refugees from countries that are hotbeds of terror, that argument should not sicken you. It makes sense.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 5:35 pm
Re the original question: We're still 6 months out from the election. Right now I'm a very unhappy voter, but a lot can happen in that amount of time.

marina

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 11:59 am
BasMelech120 wrote:

If I told you that there's always a risk of e-coli anytime you buy lettuce, would you stop eating lettuce? If I told you that there's a real risk of your child dying in an accident the next time you drive him or her- because car accidents are the number one cause of children's death in America - would you still take your child? If I told you there are molesters in schools and on playgrounds, would you home school your child?

Your example does not reflect statistical reality and how people actually respond to risk. People take precautions to limit the risk- seatbelts, supervision, etc - but they don't eliminate risky activities from their lives. Otherwise, we'd never get out of bed.

And really - the risk of dying from a terrorist attack in America is so minute, it's not really worth our consideration. Unless you're also worried about dying in a lightning storm while being eaten by a shark.

WhatFor

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 12:36 pm
All my thoughts on where we stand:

Zehava

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 2:56 pm
Raisin wrote:
I don't think Sanders will win the nomination. If I was a voter I would vote for Hillary. Or Sanders if he won the nomination.

No doubt Marina would be a better candidate then them all. She's even got a law background.

So actually there's a university that has a 100% track record for predicting the next president. And they predicted that sanders will win. I gotta say that made me feel better.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 3:23 pm
marina wrote:
If I told you that there's always a risk of e-coli anytime you buy lettuce, would you stop eating lettuce? If I told you that there's a real risk of your child dying in an accident the next time you drive him or her- because car accidents are the number one cause of children's death in America - would you still take your child? If I told you there are molesters in schools and on playgrounds, would you home school your child?

Your example does not reflect statistical reality and how people actually respond to risk. People take precautions to limit the risk- seatbelts, supervision, etc - but they don't eliminate risky activities from their lives. Otherwise, we'd never get out of bed.

And really - the risk of dying from a terrorist attack in America is so minute, it's not really worth our consideration. Unless you're also worried about dying in a lightning storm while being eaten by a shark.

Marina . .. I'm sorry I need to be blunt
Are you on the payroll four some Arab PR group or do you just hate your own people that much??
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics