Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ok so how much do pesach hotels really cost?
1  2  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:42 pm
With all this talk about costs please share how much your pesach program cost, per person, per room etc?

pesek zman

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:47 pm
3k-5k a person is typical. Some are less, many are more

pesek zman

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:09 pm
pesek zman wrote:

I appreciate a good sarcastic hug as much as the next person but why would I get even a sarcastic hug for this?

Does someone feel bad for me that I know how to answer OP question?

Fascinating

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:18 pm
You can be creative.
We paid 500 for an Airbnb place the first days, and a nice motel chol hamoed and last days for 400

Then the lavish kiddush in hotel, breakfast/brunch chol hamoed and meals the last days came to about 1000 for the 2 of us

If we stayed home it would be about 600-800 for food and another 500 to clean and pesachize the house and we'd be miserable

This way we had the most wonderful pesach of our lives

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:36 pm
pesek zman wrote:

Does that include young children? How much per room?

amother
Royalblue

pesek zman wrote:
I appreciate a good sarcastic hug as much as the next person but why would I get even a sarcastic hug for this?

Does someone feel bad for me that I know how to answer OP question?

Fascinating

it wasn't me but I guess because the amount seems exorbitant.

cm

The only time I went to a Pesach hotel it was all or nothing - the program did not offer partial-week stays. Some families split the week among various relatives, so each could stay a few days for a lower cost. It was in the neighborhood of $2000 per person fifteen years ago.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:38 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
You can be creative.
We paid 500 for an Airbnb place the first days, and a nice motel chol hamoed and last days for 400

Then the lavish kiddush in hotel, breakfast/brunch chol hamoed and meals the last days came to about 1000 for the 2 of us

If we stayed home it would be about 600-800 for food and another 500 to clean and pesachize the house and we'd be miserable

So you didn't stay at the pesach hotel but you walked over for all the meals? Interesting I didn't know you could do that.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:59 pm
amother wrote:
Does that include young children? How much per room?

The prices per person are based on double occupancy (at least 2 paying adults per room). Youg children are usually more than half the price if they are sharing the same room. Once another room is necessary the double occupancy price applies again for next room.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:05 pm
I believe the program I just went to was 10k per room for the entire pesach. We went as guests and had 4 people in our room.

Mevater

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:07 pm
Early Bird Pesach Lancaster prices, off their website

http://www.pesachinlancaster.com/#!pricing/cg5q

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:14 pm
http://matzafun.com/accommodations-rates/

Per Adult
Dbl Occupancy
Oceanview Standard $3,299
Oceanview Superior $3,399
Oceanfront $3,599
Oceanfront Deluxe $3,899
One Bedroom Suite $4,999

doctorima

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:14 pm
Also check the fine print, many of the quoted prices don't include tax, gratuities, and other service/resort fees, which can add another 15-25% to the total bill.

mirror

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:21 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
You can be creative.

I called up the Pesach hotels and they said that you can't do this. May I ask which hotel you were able to do this arrangement with?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:38 pm
We paid 5000 per person plus 20 percent tips. And we are extremely happy with the program we go to. Have been going there for years.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 4:56 pm
mirror wrote:
I called up the Pesach hotels and they said that you can't do this. May I ask which hotel you were able to do this arrangement with?

Pm me

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 5:01 pm
The best deal I found was the Jerusalem Ramada. 2 adults and one child on a cot. $6,000 plus tips. The service was beyond excellent. Mostly Xian Arab staff, and some Ukranian. The food was AMAZING. Non stop minyanim, shiurim, kids events, separate swimming hours, taxi service to everywhere. Happy hour with tons of free snacks at the bar, and nosh for the kids so they wouldn't be crabby before dinner.

The kitchen it totally Mehadrin, and they let DH go back and ask a million questions, look at labels, and generally be a pest. Nobody made him feel weird for doing it.

The rooms are modern and immaculate, no weird smells or stains on the carpet.

I would go back without a second thought!

One bit of advice though, the dining rooms were packed and noisy. Pay extra to book a private dining room if you have a big family, easily bored kids, or need to bring in bulky strollers. I wish we had. I was jealous of how peaceful and relaxed everyone seemed in the smaller rooms. The main room was a balagan!

The grounds are big and spacious, so there's lots of ways you can get out and take long walks if you need to stretch your legs, and want a quiet place to do it. It's also great to let your kids run some energy off.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 6:04 pm
Arizona hotel was $9,500 a room and it didn't matter how mAny people was in the room. So if you have four kids and you took out two rooms you paid $19 k and if you squashed into one room you only paid 9,500 for your pesach.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:
Arizona hotel was $9,500 a room and it didn't matter how mAny people was in the room. So if you have four kids and you took out two rooms you paid $19 k and if you squashed into one room you only paid 9,500 for your pesach.

Which program in Arizona?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:46 pm
How do people have that kind of money? Sounds exorbitant to me
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics