Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bas mitzvah activity

happy mommy6

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:22 pm
LookING for an easy, inexpensive activity to do at dd bas mitzvah shavous time. Will be between 30-40 girls. Will also be serving supper.
Thought of simcha dancing but dd would like some type of arts and crafts.
Any ideas?

pumpernickle

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:33 pm
How about potting or planting or arranging flowers since its shavuous? Or making a grass puppet in a sock?

happy mommy6

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:40 pm
Looking for somthing easy. ..not messy!

pumpernickle

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:44 pm
Sock puppets are really easy and cheap. And fun. But can be a bit messy. Maybe a stained glass art, or a potpourri hat?

BrachaBatya

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:46 pm
Beading necklaces/bracelets with cool, funky beads.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 10:00 pm
buy blank white pillowcases and fabric markers. the girls can decorate the pillowcases either for themselves or for kids who are in the hospital. if you choose the latter, contact a local bikur cholim to find out donation details. I recommend a classroom pack of crayola fabric markers for this. http://www.amazon.com/Crayola-.....DHP66

gilamom

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 10:01 pm
Making a floral headband and bow set for Shavuos?

Goldie613

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 1:27 am
This website has some cute options -

https://woodpeckerscrafts.com/.....ica#/

A cheaper way might be to go into a teacher supply store and ask them what they suggest teachers use for class projects - that might give you a cheap starting point.

Maybe the girls can decorate picture frames with stickers/stick on decals, and you can have some options available for the girls to put inside the frame, like the bracha for candle lighting, or shema for at night, or just let the girls take it home "as is".

Maybe bead necklaces? That shouldn't get too messy.

I don't know how to do it, but I know there's a way for kids to make flowers out of tissue paper and/or pipe cleaners. The girls could maybe do that and have a small vase to take home with it, as a shavuos project.

Also, try Oriental trading's website. We've used them for years and their stuff is pretty reasonable. They have lots of tzatchkes and projects that are just great.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/

Good luck, and mazel tov!

Raisin

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 4:44 am
I like the jewellery idea. You can buy the bits to make earrings or bracelets. My sister got really nice seed pearls on amazon for her dds bas mitzva. It wasn't expensive, can't remember exactly how much though.

Other ideas I have seen - decorate a photo album, or a blank journal. You can also buy blank jewellery boxes and decorate those.

I think tissue paper flowers are a bit young for 12 year olds...

Look at art supply websites for inspiration.

hila

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 6:56 am
The frame idea sounds nice. Even print a photo of each girl and put it in the frame. In the digital age it is not so hard. get photo paper and good ink. Or if you want it a bit cheaper do a black and white photo of each girl for their frames. Classy !

thanks

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 7:14 am
Or you could put a tefilah in the picture frame. I printed the tefilah said at hafroshas challah, and the girls decorated a picture frame.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 8:00 am
Or a cookie workshop. They make the dough (or you) and decorate them with shvuos related them?

ultraweds

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 10:47 am
Cake decorating and/or Apron decorating...by making simple huge cakes and cut...and order aprons online...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics