Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Help quick- making more money at home
1  2  Next

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 3:34 pm
I need to make more money. We are struggling at the moment. What online jobs are there that arent scams. Literally ive been looking all day online but to no avail.

doctorima

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 8:42 pm
Selling on Ebay or Amazon

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 11:04 pm
What do you sell?

imalady

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 12:11 am
amazon is more complicated than ebay, even though they have lower fees. There are great online forums that can teach you quite a bit, but its harder than it sounds.

Some people also do well with Etsy.

Instagram/Social media marketing for frum businesses is also a good field. Not enough people doing it. Again, you can learn a lot of the tricks online.

There are companies that will allow you to work from home, especially frum ones. Why do you need something specifically online.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 11:52 am
I need an online job because im having a baby in 4 weeks bh. My husband said I need to bring some kind of money..

amazingmommy

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
I need an online job because im having a baby in 4 weeks bh. My husband said I need to bring some kind of money..

I know I'm alittle off topic, but- what about your husband? It is not your responsibility to bring in the money.

it is nice if you can... But you are a volunteer!

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 12:17 pm
I know its his but its just about enough. I want some freedom...

amazingmommy

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
I know its his but its just about enough. I want some freedom...

Is he not providing you with money for what you need?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:46 pm
What I need ? Yes but I want things that I need. He doesnt see it as a need bc he says I have or I can manage with one pair .... I just want to earn more. So what online jobs are there?

amazingmommy

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:52 pm
amother wrote:
What I need ? Yes but I want things that I need. He doesnt see it as a need bc he says I have or I can manage with one pair .... I just want to earn more. So what online jobs are there?

Wow...
I'm sorry, I don't know of any online jobs, and I wish you much luck,
You might also want to think into it if your husband is being controlling with the money or not...

leah233

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:54 pm
amazingmommy wrote:

I know this is also off topic but why would you ask a question like this?

Did the OP ask for SB advice?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:59 pm
Very Happy [quote]

pointyshoes

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 3:00 pm
amazingmommy wrote:
Wow...
I'm sorry, I don't know of any online jobs, and I wish you much luck,
You might also want to think into it if your husband is being controlling with the money or not...

OP mentioned that they have just enough money. One pair is technically enough it's just that we all like nice things and want a big wardrobe. This doesn't mean he's controlling- just practical.
Its enough to have one pair of shoes physically but emotionally OP wants more! And that's legit but things are tight so she wants to make some clothes money. I dont think jumping to the conclusion of 'controlling' is helpful.

As for online jobs, I would look on indeed.com and type in 'work from home'
Also monster.com may have some.
If you have IT skills (web/graphic design, software development etc) then it shouldn't be too hard to find but they also have customer support jobs with training provided on there.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 3:05 pm
amazingmommy wrote:

Hmm,, my DH doesn't provide enough for our house! What should I do? Thought about kicking him out but fatherlike him as he does have a few traits that I like.....

I think ore and more homes need it be two earners unless someone is doing particularly well.

When I only had little kids, I took in 2 other kids to watch and it helped pay the bills.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 3:08 pm
Yes I wouldnt mind taking in kids to look after but with a newborn?? I want to do something in the summer but dunno what.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 9:50 pm
My husband makes roughly half of what we NEED (I'm not talking wants here---- no vacations, cleaning ladies, camp, etc), so I see it as my job to work together with him. No sense in blaming the husbands here, folks. My husband is an EXCELLENT husband and father--- yelling at him that I don't want to have to work is silly.

I'm not the OP, just clunking in my two cents.

I've been doing direct sales and network marketing. Network marketing is a lot more "online" than direct sales, but both can be done 100% online. Direct sales will make you hundreds to thousands each week from the get go, and network marketing will take time to build because it is residual income that builds up over time.

I've also done a service business that made me a surprising amount per hour--- I kept raising rates but stayed competitive--- I didn't have a ton of long term clients, but I had enough short term clients that it made financial sense.

I've been self employed since 2001 (mostly) and wouldn't have it any other way--- I like the flexible schedule to keep my kids' needs first.

Those of you wanting to sell on amazon, I HIGHLY recommend Jessica's trainings at http://thesellingfamily.com

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 10:44 pm
Direct sales means something like selling on amazon?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 10:50 pm
no. And I don't know why that question requires anonymity. Smile

Direct sales through a company such as Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, etc. I've been doing it as my primary income for 6 out of the past 15 years and one of my incomes for 11 of the past 15 years. Right now I'm very part time because of the intensity of my kids' appointments and special needs.

Network marketing is more residual income and selling the opportunity to sell the opportunity MORE than selling the actual product---- Send Out Cards, Isagenix, Melaleuca....... you sign people up for monthly subscriptions, but your main income comes from recruiting business partners.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 11:24 pm
pointyshoes wrote:
OP mentioned that they have just enough money. One pair is technically enough it's just that we all like nice things and want a big wardrobe. This doesn't mean he's controlling- just practical.
Its enough to have one pair of shoes physically but emotionally OP wants more! And that's legit but things are tight so she wants to make some clothes money. I dont think jumping to the conclusion of 'controlling' is helpful.

hey pointy ~ you're assuming it's shoes - perhaps it's one pair of underwear

seeker

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 2:32 am
Do you have the skills to write? Edit? Translate?

DH once was offered a job that paid very little but basically consisted of visiting websites and categorizing them. I can ask him where on earth he found that and what it's even called. Very boring work but if you need money and it needs to be online, it's something.

Pretty sure there are also tutor/homework help type sites where the actual work is done online but can't remember where I've seen them. perhaps do a search for online homework helper or something.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics