Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best way to clean stove grates

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 1:25 pm
My stovetop grates used to look awesome just from cleaning and maintaining twice a week but now we got a new range and the grates seem to be made out of a different material, possibly cast iron. And now there are some stains even after being fully clean.
What is the best way to clean the stains out and maintain the grates? Any help appreciated.

cm

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 1:49 pm
Best way to clean stove grates: put them in a non-reactive container with a lid, such as a large stainless-steel pot, along with a splash of ammonia. Keep the cover on overnight. The next day, the grates will wash clean.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 5:09 pm
cm wrote:
Best way to clean stove grates: put them in a non-reactive container with a lid, such as a large stainless-steel pot, along with a splash of ammonia. Keep the cover on overnight. The next day, the grates will wash clean.

Thank you. Same method for cast iron?

cm

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 5:19 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you. Same method for cast iron?

I think so. Mine are enameled, but it should work. If the have no coating at all, they may rust, so just double-check your instruction manual.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry