Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Keiravtuni shabbos did anyone enjoy it
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:41 pm
Keiravtuni.com.has the entire shabbos schedule online. It looks amazing.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:12 pm
Without planning to, I will be attending this shabbos, (since someone backed out for an emergency, and offered me a room)and have some questions.

Will I be able to have my baby with me at all, or does he need to be with the sitters (since it seems that the schedule is very full, and I don't want to leave him for that many hours)

What is the dress code? I hope shabbos robes and not formal wear.

Do they provide cribs for babies? Or do I need to bring along something?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
I was there before and going again this Shabbos. Mechy Spira and R' Lazer Grossman are the heads. Food, presentation and everything is very upscale. A wide range of speakers covering topics related to emunah, parenting, shalom bayis, etc. Overall, a really amazing experience, both in ruchnius and gashmiyus.
Basically, the idea was to take the kind of inspiring Shabbos geared to kiruv ppl and present it to a heimishe crowd. Many chassidishe ppl would join Project Inspire and other such shabbatons not bc they planned to go into kiruv but simply bc they felt they could use the inspiration themselves. That's why the speakers are not davka chassidish but rather ppl like Rabbi Wallerstein, Rabbi Rietti, the therapist Mordechai Weinberger, etc... anyone who can inspire and uplift. The directors go out of their way to listen to people. They welcome feedback and address topics that ppl want to hear. Their mission statement is sth along the lines - connect to yourself so that you can connect to your family and to your community.

English or Yiddish speakers?

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
Without planning to, I will be attending this shabbos, (since someone backed out for an emergency, and offered me a room)and have some questions.

Will I be able to have my baby with me at all, or does he need to be with the sitters (since it seems that the schedule is very full, and I don't want to leave him for that many hours)

What is the dress code? I hope shabbos robes and not formal wear.

Do they provide cribs for babies? Or do I need to bring along something?

I highly doubt women will wear robes to the meals or speeches. Maybe breakfast. Maybe. But even that seems iffy.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
English or Yiddish speakers?

Most speakers are in English some Yiddish. Formal wear for everything, sorry. The babysitter are a extra charge and needs to be ordered in advance. They only work during the speeches. With a baby it's not realistic to expect to be able to make every speech, but hopefully most. There are no babies allowed in the speeches. By the meals there are no babysitting. You can get a crib for a extra charge. You need to reserve that so if you have a packnplay, save yourself the expense and bring it along. It really is an amazing Shabbos, my forth time going. I'm soo excited! Any more questions feel free to ask.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:36 pm
Honeydew, I just looked at the brochure and am wondering which speakers you would say are the ones that shouldn't be missed, since there are so many concurrent speeches.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
Honeydew, I just looked at the brochure and am wondering which speakers you would say are the ones that shouldn't be missed, since there are so many concurrent speeches.

I know I have the same issue. So many important speeches at the same time. Such a hard choice!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:43 pm
Honeydew and and teal will You be me mekarev?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 12:04 am
honeydew, There weren't any women with robes throughout the shabbos?

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:50 am
amother wrote:

Nopes sorry. Maybe Shabbos morning for breakfast if you were not going to shul and back to your room.

Royal blue teal and pearl another would love to meet u all! Btw I am not going with anyone so I fine with just meeting new people. But
A. I dont want to out my user name
B. Something just came up (kids arrangement ) so I am still going to see if I can make it! Hope so

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:49 pm
amother wrote:
Nopes sorry. Maybe Shabbos morning for breakfast if you were not going to shul and back to your room.

Royal blue teal and pearl another would love to meet u all! Btw I am not going with anyone so I fine with just meeting new people. But
A. I dont want to out my user name
B. Something just came up (kids arrangement ) so I am still going to see if I can make it! Hope so

Im not planning to out my username either but I dont have a problem making simanim so we can meet!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:

Just confirming what honeydew wrote: No, no robes. At all. This is a really fancy, nice event. Not like Raleigh Shabbos where everyone is just lounging around. Smile But you'll enjoy it, cuz the food presentation and general set up is also really upscale and it's nice to have that experience sometimes!

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
Just confirming what honeydew wrote: No, no robes. At all. This is a really fancy, nice event. Not like Raleigh Shabbos where everyone is just lounging around. Smile But you'll enjoy it, cuz the food presentation and general set up is also really upscale and it's nice to have that experience sometimes!

Mistyrose are tou going too? How much do I have to dress up? Will simple shabbos suffice as long as Im not in a maxi dress?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
Mistyrose are tou going too? How much do I have to dress up? Will simple shabbos suffice as long as Im not in a maxi dress?

Yup, going too. Also for the third time. (I think honeydew made a mistake. This isn't the fourth Keiravtuni Shabbaton, only third.) And yes, I'm dressing up and looking fwd to doing so. It's fun to be part of a nice affair sometimes!! But no pressure. A little more/less fancier or higher/lower heels is really a matter of personal preference. Just don't show up in robes cuz then you'll feel really out of place.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
Im not planning to out my username either but I dont have a problem making simanim so we can meet!

Maybe all the Imamothers can wear robes. Wink

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 11:02 pm
I wake up super early for coffee and Ill definitely go down in my robe for that. Ill have my coffee and lounge around a bit and then ill go get dressed. Dats ma plan

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 11:24 pm
[quote="amother"]Yup, going too. Also for the third time. (I think honeydew made a mistake. This isn't the fourth Keiravtuni Shabbaton, only third.) And yes, I'm dressing up and looking fwd to doing so. It's fun to be part of a nice affair sometimes!! But no pressure. A little more/less fancier or higher/lower heels is really a matter of personal preference. Just don't show up in robes cuz then you'll feel really out of place.[/quot

Yups sorry 3 rd time!

cnc

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 11:27 pm
I'm assuming that there's a new program each time?
(For those of you that went multiple times...)

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 5:30 pm
I am in... all imamothers in robes

amother
Teal

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 7:29 pm
Okay so I will be the one with the cutest baby boy just look me up!
JK-
but it would be cute to see you people somehow.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics