Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cuisinart - ok or defective?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 1:47 pm
I bought a set of Cuisinart recently. It comes with a whole instruction booklet of how to care for the new pots.
I am wondering if the set I bought is defective, or is it normal for every pot to turn black after each use.
For example, I cooked hard boiled eggs and after I cooled the eggs and removed them, there were large black spots on the bottom inside of the pot that took a very long time to remove. Then I made scrambled eggs, and there were burn marks on the outside of the frying pan. Is this normal. My old Farberware set is 20 years old, and I never had such a problem. Am I doing something wrong? I find that it takes longer to clean the pots after use than the amount of time it takes to cook whatever it is that I'm preparing. Help!

sourstix

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:02 pm
I have cuisinart for pesach(they were on sale) and I love them. they are heavy duty so they are good pots. I dont know about black spots, you should call them it doesnt sound ok. they are good pots. they are a little heavy. maybe mine are more then yours I bought mine a couple years ago.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:07 pm
op, it might help if you provided a description along with a name brand. cuisinart has a variety of pots available.

that being said, I have cuisinart stainless steel pots and pans, and I don't have this problem. stainless steel should not be that hard to care for. call the company if you're concerned.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:28 pm
The set I bought is called Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Induction Stainless. The set was so shiny and beautifu when I opened the box. But as I began to read the Use and Care guide, it has all these warnings and Precautions. Like never cook on high heat or food will burn. Also, immediately after each use, fill pan with hot water and liquid dish detergent, let stand until lukewarm and use a sponge or soft cloth to remove any remaining food particles. Stains on the outside bottom may be removed with an oven cleaner. Kitchen Pro Induction stainless Cookward has exceptionally high termoconductivity, and even a low setting on some gas burners will overheat or even burn foods.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:31 pm
The set I bought is called Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Induction Stainless. The set was so shiny and beautiful when I opened the box. But as I began to read the Use and Care guide, it has all these warnings and Precautions. Like never cook on high heat or food will burn. Also, immediately after each use, fill pan with hot water and liquid dish detergent, let stand until lukewarm and use a sponge or soft cloth to remove any remaining food particles. Stains on the outside bottom may be removed with an oven cleaner. Kitchen Pro Induction stainless Cookware has exceptionally high termoconductivity, and even a low setting on some gas burners will overheat or even burn foods.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 3:11 pm
op, I would assume these pots are made for an induction burner. totally different heating system. I'm sure they were gorgeous, but if you're using it for something else, you may just have to expect discoloration. from now on, consider buying simpler products. you can still call cuisinart and ask if this is normal.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 3:27 pm
What is an Induction Burner?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 7:32 pm
Simply put it cooks food via a fluctuating magnetic field. If you used these on a gas stove it's likely you have killed them from high heat. But still call the mfg.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 8:21 pm
https://www.youtube.com/embed/.....rel=0

greenfire

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 8:28 pm
interesting stove top ... and pots
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics