Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bungalow considerations
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Stars

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 7:46 pm
You don't need winter coats in the country. Otherwise sounds like you're doing great. Enjoy!

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:02 pm
lol, you do not need winter coats. If it ever dips below 55, (rarely) it will be in middle of the night and you'll be safely cuddled up in bed.

seeker

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:12 pm
funny, I seem to remember really cold country days, anyway that's good to have something not to take. I guess if it gets cold we'll layer up.

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:27 pm
seeker wrote:
funny, I seem to remember really cold country days, anyway that's good to have something not to take. I guess if it gets cold we'll layer up.

You remember it being cold enough to need a winter coat during the day?

seeker

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:39 pm
No, I just remember being cold but don't remember details. That's why I'm asking those here who have done this trip as grownups Smile

seeker

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:39 pm
I remember my mother warming up my socks over the stove in the morning Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:53 pm
seeker wrote:
No, I just remember being cold but don't remember details. That's why I'm asking those here who have done this trip as grownups Smile

Well, I have gone to the country for at least 25 years and you do NOT need a winter coat. Don't worry. Very Happy

gold21

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:56 pm
U need a heavy warm sweatshirt

Not a coat

seeker

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 11:26 pm
I know what I need - I need to have not thrown out all my good old worn-in denim skirts. SMH. Oh well, what's done is done. Back to figuring out what else to cram into the last square foot or so of box that I don't need to still have out. Maybe some tichels.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 1:45 am
I use tide. Never had a problem.

I know someone (our cousin) who used to have a filter and drink the sink water. She started finding bugs in her water, so she got a new filter. Still found bugs. Now she uses spring water like the rest of us.

We do use the water for cooking, but with a filter. My filter is a piece of material over the faucet. I'm told that is good enough.

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 1:57 am
Ew. Ganz had great tap water from its own well. I once did a testing kit and it passed with flying colors.

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:44 pm
So we're here! Omg my kids are already like different people. Can we do this all year?

Gonna be brief because while someone was indeed generous with wifi my computer isn't picking it up. So it's good I brought smartphone but headache to use. Literally.

Shoes verdict: if you're like me and don't go for crocs all day then the sneakers better be all closed (I have one closed and one in Mary Janes. Mary Jane needs to constantly shake out rocks, socks may as well be disposable, and dampness can be an issue) and washable would be nice.

Forget Walmart store, order everything delivered. That place is such a waste of time and many things were out of stock.

Discovered shop rite from home. It was fairly awesome. Pretty easy to use. There's a charge but it's worth it for that big setup shopping so you don't need to spend hours in stores as soon as you get there or shlep everything from home. And is all the same sales as store, and they have antibiotic free empire chickens priced well!

They are serious about destroying clothes. Does anyone know where I can get a kid skirt cheap? Nothing special, just for little kid, solid color, disposable.

Also seeking mikva for utensils.

And where to get that directory book that seems to have been delivered free to every doorstep except mine.

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:47 pm
seeker wrote:
So we're here! Omg my kids are already like different people. Can we do this all year?

Gonna be brief because while someone was indeed generous with wifi my computer isn't picking it up. So it's good I brought smartphone but headache to use. Literally.

Shoes verdict: if you're like me and don't go for crocs all day then the sneakers better be all closed (I have one closed and one in Mary Janes. Mary Jane needs to constantly shake out rocks, socks may as well be disposable, and dampness can be an issue) and washable would be nice.

Forget Walmart store, order everything delivered. That place is such a waste of time and many things were out of stock.

Discovered shop rite from home. It was fairly awesome. Pretty easy to use. There's a charge but it's worth it for that big setup shopping so you don't need to spend hours in stores as soon as you get there or shlep everything from home. And is all the same sales as store, and they have antibiotic free empire chickens priced well!

They are serious about destroying clothes. Does anyone know where I can get a kid skirt cheap? Nothing special, just for little kid, solid color, disposable.

Also seeking mikva for utensils.

And where to get that directory book that seems to have been delivered free to every doorstep except mine.

Murray's Kosher Socks in Fallsburg

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 11:05 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I use tide. Never had a problem.

I know someone (our cousin) who used to have a filter and drink the sink water. She started finding bugs in her water, so she got a new filter. Still found bugs. Now she uses spring water like the rest of us.

We do use the water for cooking, but with a filter. My filter is a piece of material over the faucet. I'm told that is good enough.

you are sure that your cloth on your faucet does not let the bugs in the water? If it's bug free can you drink it?

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
you are sure that your cloth on your faucet does not let the bugs in the water? If it's bug free can you drink it?
No, unfortunately I'm not sure. But I'm hoping. I was told that it's enough to keep the cloth on, but we are planning to maybe buy a filter.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics