Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Travel camp for teen girl

ruby slippers

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 5:04 pm
Teen dd was all set to go on a teen west coast travel/chesed camp- everything was sent in on time and she had a great interview. Out of no where last week we got a phone call that she was put on a wait list. I had called before even sending in the application to be sure there were spots available and was told there was still room. So something is not "smelling" right about this.
Needless to say dd is really really upset- as are we.. she has turned down summer day camp jobs and most camps are full by now. She was really excited about this summer. Now she is really down- Anyone have any suggestions- I have been googling jewish teen camps etc. but have come up with nothing.
Any ideas!

Rutabaga

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 6:20 pm
Did you ask what happened, what number she is, and how likely she is to get a spot off the waiting list?

https://summer.ncsy.org/

https://www.google.com/webhp?s.....dents

ruby slippers

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 6:38 pm
They said they never received one of the recommendation letters- (I spoke with all the people who were supposed to send in the recommendation letters and they all said they sent back the forms right away. DD is an amazing good girl, B"H,so I was not worried about good reports) Instead of calling us the "camp" decided to just move dd to the waiting list and wait until now to tell us.
Thanks for the links!
Aside from NCSY any other suggestions?

ruby slippers

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 6:40 pm
It also needs to be an all girls camp, but not "yeshivish/agudah" Some place that focuses on who you are and not your clothing... At this point most places are booked. : (
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries