Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Removed splinter on dd finger now pus filled blister 4 days

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:41 am
Around four days ago did had a splinter in her finger. It was still sticking out and easy to remove. I removed it and put cream and bandaid. Next day she had a tiny blister with pus. We soaked it a bit but nothing changed. Over next few days it kept growing. Now it covers most of her fingertip.

She is terrified to go to dr cuz she doesn't want him to pop it.

Is there anything I can do to make it open and drain without hurting her??nshe is so nervous about the pain.

mammala120

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:00 am
Yes there is something. I have always used with success yellow turmeric spice. Tie it over it. It needs to be directly over puss. U can make it into paste with coconut oil which has its own benefits as well. Wash p**** area with apple cider vinegar or soap and water. Then apply over night. It does stain. U can put glove over hand. Good luck. Please come back with results and do tell us how it goes

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:18 am
go directly to the doctor. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:20 am
Also popping the white part isn't going to hurt. You should not do it yourself. And if it gets worse and she gets really sick, you'll be sorry you didn't.

theta1870

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:29 am
Go to the dr. This could turn into a staph infection very quickly.

groovy1224

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:32 am
It is normal to be scared of the pain but you need to be the mommy here and take her to the doctor! Infections are not something to play around with!! Promise get some ice cream after and get her there!!

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:41 am
ok, I will make an appt. just wondering if somehting such as soaking it for a long time will open it up on its own. Once its draining, half the healing is done.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
ok, I will make an appt. just wondering if somehting such as soaking it for a long time will open it up on its own. Once its draining, half the healing is done.

As a child I've gotten cellulitis twice from a splinter. Try hot compresses with salt, the hottest water your daughter can handle on towel ...my mother used to put the salt in the water and made it salt water...the salt does something to draw the infection

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 11:58 am
andrea levy wrote:
Also popping the white part isn't going to hurt. You should not do it yourself. And if it gets worse and she gets really sick, you'll be sorry you didn't.

I agree that it has to be done. But it's not true that it doesnt hurt.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:
I agree that it has to be done. But it's not true that it doesnt hurt.

I have had infected toes and fingers, around the nail, the Dr popped it with a sterile needle. It did not hurt one bit. He told me it's dead. Therfore you can't feel a thing! Def recommend to go see someone.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:26 pm
Just spoke to dr. He said can try a lot of hot soaks and can give it one more day.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:33 pm
Is it a granuloma?
My dd had one on her finger after a splinter. It took a month to go away. You need to soak it alot and treat the infection by pressing out the pus and putting antibiotic cream on it. Once you get rid of the infection it wont hurt and will slowly go away. Soaking will help it go faster.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
Just spoke to dr. He said can try a lot of hot soaks and can give it one more day.

Update: We soaked dd's finger in hot water (in a cup, kept changing water) for a couple of hours, and b"h it opened up and all the pus drained out. Put cream on.

Now a couple of days later and b"h its all better.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 2:28 pm
the dr. explained that hot soaks increase circulation to the area and will help the infection develop a head, which can then drain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics