Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Gef fish and puff pastry?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 4:06 pm
Has anyone tried to combine these two, successfully?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 4:11 pm
Yup! Defrost fish, add spices or whatever, and wrap in puffed pastry. Slice top and bake. You can also just used can salmon or tuna with eggs and spices...It's yummy.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 5:17 pm
we have tried tuna, both hot and cold, with dismal results .....do you think it's worth it to try with gefilte?

shoy18

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 5:19 pm
why not just make salmon wellington, its delicious and perfect every time

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 5:22 pm
Because salmon cost $$$$ and makes me itch.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Aug 08 2007, 10:01 am
I once posted this:

gefilte fish or salmon loaf roll, put defrosted spinach (squeeze out water) around it & wrap in puff pastry.

Post Wed, Aug 08 2007, 11:29 am
My mother used to do this all the time. Defrost loaf a little bit- you don't want it to be too mushy. Take off wrapper (obviously) and wrap the loaf in the puff pastry. Bake it at 350. I assume it takes about an hour, but not sure. I like it a lot!

smalka

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 9:56 am
I realize this is an old thread, but I am considering making gefilte fish in puff pastry and would like to know from Chocolate Moose whether you made this in the end and what you thought of it.

If it is recommended: I plan to make if ahead but am wondering whether I should warm it up before serving or serve at room temperature. Doesn't it get kinda soggy if not served fresh even if it is not reheated. Also, I will be using a blech for warming rather than the oven which I think would affect reheating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus