Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sheitel doesn't stay in place

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 12:37 pm
For background, I shave underneath my sheitel.

My hair is straight, so the hair that grows in grows upwards, like a porcupine embarrassed

I can literally feel a difference day to day when my hair grows, as my sheitel keeps on getting tighter.

My problem is, once I've gone more than a week after shaving, my sheitel does not stay in place. It shifts to the side so my hair underneath sticks out. It looks weird and downright shlumpy. Sad

Any solutions out there?

cm

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 12:58 pm
Hmmm, I don't shave so I'm not sure if this will address your problem, but the "wigrip" works for me!

I can't stand using either combs or clips to hold my sheital in place. The wigrip is a velour headband, very flat so it fits nicely under your wig. Your wig will stick to it and not budge, or at least that has been my experience.

It costs about $20 from mail order houses or sheital machers, and totally worth it, IMO.

As for your wig getting tighter with more hair, yeah, that happens. I noticed it the other way when I cut off my ponytail and my wig got too loose. Does your wig cap have a little drawstring to adjust the size?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:04 pm
I second the wig grip, they work really well. Great for keeping snoods and scarves from sliding off, too.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:07 pm
I also do not shave but I'm sure that the wiggrip will be useful for you! It's soooo comfortable, it actually changed my life Very Happy
And for the wig getting tighter if you don't have the thingy strings to make the wig tighter/wider maybe it can be added by a sheitelmacher?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:24 pm
Thanks for the replies and recommendations.

Is the wig grip a special kind of velour headband or will any wide velour headband work?

I found these:
http://www.amazon.com/Slip-Hea.....44ME0

http://www.coveryourhair.com/b.....w_wcB

cm

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:32 pm
"Wigrip" is the name of the headband from Milano. It is very thin, has an adjustable Velcro closure and a label to make sure you put it on in the right direction. It comes in several colors. The ones you linked look very similar.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:44 pm
This is the wigrip from Milano but as cm said, others companies sells similar products.
http://www.amazon.com/Milano-C.....+grip

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:52 pm
If you read the reviews it says that it doesnt work with no hair and to try the tlc website for that...

cm

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:54 pm
amother wrote:
If you read the reviews it says that it doesnt work with no hair and to try the tlc website for that...

But the OP says this is a problem that occurs when her hair grows in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics