Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Kids drawing w chalk in front of house where they rent apt?
1  2  Next

Should landlord be complaining if tenants kids draw with chalk in front of the house, on the brickwork and sidewalk?
No  
 86%  [ 78 ]
Yes  
 13%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 90

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:00 pm
Should landlord be complaining if tenants kids draw with chalk in front of the house, on the brickwork and sidewalk?

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:02 pm
I'm assuming the drawings are in no way offensive in content. Normal activity for kids.

My neighbor's kids kindly decorated my front steps for me recently. I complimented them for their talent and waited for the next rain.

Maya

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:05 pm
Maybe the brickwork should be off limits, but not the driveway or sidewalk.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:05 pm
Sidewalk? No. Unless of course offensive or impedes walking... I could see it being annoying if it gets all over the landlords shoes and clothes as they walk over it, making a mess of the landlords unit.

Brickwork? Does it easily come off? Does it look like graffiti? Trampling any grass/flowers that might get ruined in the process?

Amarante

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:12 pm
Is someone complaining because that is really witchy. How nice that kids are still happy to play with chalk. I remember potsy, hopscotch and Ringolevio.

Why don't they ban people from walking lest their pristine sidewalk becomes soiled.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:14 pm
Depends on the landlord. If they are nice or mean. When the kids were little dh asked if they can just play with chalk in the gate. He was embarrased of people passing. I taught him that rain washes it away and he got used to it.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:15 pm
you have real issues if you are the landlord and you have a problem with the tenants kids using chalk outdoors. That's what kids do! You must not have little kids if you can even think that this is an issue. The next rain will wash it all away! Let them live! They are not making noise, destroying anything .... my gosh, who would want to be your tenant if you can even suggest a complaint like that?

groovy1224

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:31 pm
amother wrote:
.... my gosh, who would want to be your tenant if you can even suggest a complaint like that?

Dude, relax. For all you know, she's the tenant!

Lady Bug

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 7:27 pm
My landlord doesn't like us using chalk in front of the house. We don't color on the brickwork, we stick to the sidewalk. I don't think he has a valid complaint since the sidewalk is public property, and we have an agreement with a cleaning company to wash the chalk away every so often (a.k.a. God brings the rain).

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:

No, they shouldn't!!! Can they? Do they have a right as the owner of the property? Yes.

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:16 pm
No. The landlord is bored and needs to get a life. Or a job.

Eden

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:22 pm
some times landlords need to make sure you know who is the boss..... it is just a matter of setting the ruler ship.
just ignore, don't even argue.....

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:24 pm
I don't think the chalk on the building is ok, but chalk on the sidewalk is fine.

cm

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:29 pm
What is brickwork? Part of the house? That would be off-limits.

Sidewalk should be fine. I would keep the kids off the front walk/stoop/stairs if that area is only used by the landlord (that is, if you have a separate entrance).

naomi2

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:38 pm
If you are renting the whole house the sidewalk should be fine. If your landlord or others live in the house, you should ask first. Some people don't like to have a messy looking walkway. Would you draw in front of a neighbor's house without asking? Methinks not.

animeme

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:46 pm
No bricks, even if it's part of the steps, not the house. It doesn't come off so easily. The walk? While it would be nice if the landlord didn't mind, could you agree to hose it off when the kids are done?

The sidewalk in front of my house is smoother than the walk by the neighbors, so their kids come chalk by us. It does bug me sometimes, though I don't say anything. Part of what bugs me is their sitting on the walk right in front of my steps for a while, with chalk pieces everywhere. Any chance that's part of the issue?

Last edited by animeme on Wed, May 11 2016, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

tweety1

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:47 pm
Brickwork? Absolutely. Sidewalk? No.

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:55 pm
It's nothing that water wont take away. If the landlord has an issue, just take a pail of water

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 1:24 pm
MyKidsRQte wrote:
It's nothing that water wont take away. If the landlord has an issue, just take a pail of water

Better yet, give the kids the garden hose, and let them have even more fun.

Let them draw targets, and then have a contest to see who can hit the middle with a super soaker, and who can wash off the whole thing the fastest. Summer is coming, time to get creative!

sky

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 1:35 pm
brickwork - no.
I let my kids color all over - but I find when they color on the house it takes a long time for the rain to wash it off and it looks really messy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics