Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
My son is no longer wanted by the yeshiva
1  2  3  Next

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:30 pm
My son is 13 years old and has learning disabilities and behavioral issues. He has no self motivation to learn. He has been in a special yeshiva for boys like him for 4 years.
This year he has acted out a lot and been very disruptive. The school is very frustrated with him and has given up on him he will not be accptes back next year. Does anyone know of a yeshiva that is not a babysitting service that would accept such a boy. A yeshiva that is open minded. We live in monsey. I am not ready to give up on him I do not want to lose him in the public school system.

stay fit

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:55 pm
Yeshiva Talpios in Monsey is geared for bochorim with learning disabilities, I don't know much about it, I think it's chassidish.
My husband attended a fundraiser event this past summer & said they are amazing in what they do with the boys.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:56 pm
Try Bais Hachinuch

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 7:29 pm
You can try calling R' Binyamin Strauss in Lakewood for ideas, I don't know his number but I think you can call his house.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 7:34 pm
My nephew goes to a place in Florida. He started when he was almost bar mitzva and he just had his 20th birthday. He loves it and so does his parents. His family lives in NJ. I say in present tense because I think he's still there. If you would like more information, I could find out.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:02 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
Try Bais Hachinuch

I am the original poster he is already in bais hachinuch they are kicking him out

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:11 pm
amother wrote:
My nephew goes to a place in Florida. He started when he was almost bar mitzva and he just had his 20th birthday. He loves it and so does his parents. His family lives in NJ. I say in present tense because I think he's still there. If you would like more information, I could find out.

op here yes please give me more information on florida

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
op here yes please give me more information on florida

Could it be doresh?
My nephew's there too lol
He's very happy there.
Maybe look into Sinai academy too? It's coed though if you don't mind and there's a yeshiva in monsey too for learning challenged students. I forgot the name though.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:01 pm
amother wrote:
I am the original poster he is already in bais hachinuch they are kicking him out

Interesting. My son was also in bais hachinuch for a few years, and its there that he got worse. I kept requesting an iep meeting and a state "team" evaluation, they never cooperated. At 40k a year, reduced to 20k, I was appaled to learn that they are a fake special ed school. No teachers there know the first thing about special ed.

When I Read your first post, I knew you were talking about beis hachinuch.

After his learning issues also became behavior issues, he was asked not to return as well. ASHAR was happy to take him, and he has improved all around.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting. My son was also in bais hachinuch for a few years, and its there that he got worse. I kept requesting an iep meeting and a state "team" evaluation, they never cooperated. At 40k a year, reduced to 20k, I was appaled to learn that they are a fake special ed school. No teachers there know the first thing about special ed.

When I Read your first post, I knew you were talking about beis hachinuch.

After his learning issues also became behavior issues, he was asked not to return as well. ASHAR was happy to take him, and he has improved all around.

op here: how did you get ASHAR to take your son they are very academic my son has severe LD he can barley read hebrew defiantly not on the level of ASHAR. When we first moved here ASHAR would not take him he went to eitz chaim then bais hacinuch. I agree with the statement you made about bais hachinuch

amother
Plum

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
op here: how did you get ASHAR to take your son they are very academic my son has severe LD he can barley read hebrew defiantly not on the level of ASHAR. When we first moved here ASHAR would not take him he went to eitz chaim then bais hacinuch. I agree with the statement you made about bais hachinuch

My son came in with no hebrew also - was at ysv first but did horribly there. I dont know why/how they took him. Try again.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
My son came in with no hebrew also - was at ysv first but did horribly there. I dont know why/how they took him. Try again.

op here: what grade did your son go into ASHAR?
my son is going into eighth grade.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
Could it be doresh?
My nephew's there too lol
He's very happy there.
Maybe look into Sinai academy too? It's coed though if you don't mind and there's a yeshiva in monsey too for learning challenged students. I forgot the name though.

I didn't know the name of it. That is it though. I checked out their website and I saw his picture there Smile .

op, what types of things do you want to know? http://www.doresh.com/

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:56 pm
T class in ynj?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:02 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't know the name of it. That is it though. I checked out their website and I saw his picture there Smile .

op, what types of things do you want to know? http://www.doresh.com/

Op here: Doresh looks like it's high school only aslo does it have as English department doesn't look like it from there website my son is going into eighth grade

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:05 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
T class in ynj?

Op here: I forgot to mention I am financially strapped no way could I afford siani schools
Or ynj I have other children that are also in school we own more than I make a year in tuition.

doctorima

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:05 pm
Would Shaarei Arazim in Monsey be an option?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:08 pm
doctorima wrote:

Op here: never heard of that school if it's very
What type of school is it .where can I find information on it

boysrus

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
doctorima wrote:

Op here: never heard of that school if it's very
What type of school is it .where can I find information on it

I have heard a lot about shaarei arazim, they sent out a leaflet/brochure about it in one of the magazines or newspapers for Pesach.
my son's friends goes there and loves it, it is a yeshiva that caters to boys who need something a bit different. The learning schedule is not so heavy, there is not htat much in the way of general studies either, but there is a huge amount of extra curricular stuff - eg woodworking, general contracting, building, music, band, etc. and much much more.
I would google it, maybe they have a website.

boysrus

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 10:48 pm
okay, I googled it - it is shaareiarazim.com
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics