Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Chag HaAtzmaut Sameach
1  2  3  4  5  Next

How does your davening change on Yom HaAtzmaut
I daven in my own words (Magen Avraham's opinion) so no change  
 13%  [ 19 ]
I daven from a siddur with no change to normal weekday  
 62%  [ 90 ]
I say Hallel without a bracha  
 8%  [ 12 ]
I say Hallel with a bracha  
 16%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 145

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:17 pm
Happy Israel Independence Day.

Just curious how you would answer the poll.

Have a great day.

samantha87

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:37 pm
I'm still bothered by the idea of making it Thursday for the long weekend rather than actually on the 5th.

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:50 pm
My understanding is that the rabannim are worried about chillul shabbas so if the Fifth of Iyyar falls out on Friday Shabbat or Sunday they move it. Makes sense to me

Marion

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 11:47 pm
samantha87 wrote:
I'm still bothered by the idea of making it Thursday for the long weekend rather than actually on the 5th.

What long weekend? There is school tomorrow, and work for those who work on Friday. (There is no such thing as a weekend, never mind a long one, in Israel. I assume you don't live here.)

Yom haAtzmaut is "mukdam" when it falls on a Friday so there won't be chillul Shabbat, just like Yom haShoah/Yom haZikaron/Yom haAtzmaut are nidche when they fall on Sunday so there won't be chillul Shabbat. MOST years Yom haAtzmaut is not actually observed on the 5th of Iyar.

etky

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 12:58 am
samantha87 wrote:

Halevai....

etky

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 1:01 am
Off to shul now for a tefilla chagigit (where we will say Halllel with a bracha).
Chag Atzmaut Sameach Lekulam!

DrMom

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 2:43 am
Chag Samech everyone!!!

boysmom4

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 2:54 am
can you explain to me why if we won the war and now we have an independant state why does that
equal up to saying Hallel?
Hallel said on each yom tov was decided about 2000 years ago by the Anshei Knesset Hagdola! Who decided that its normal to say Hallel and with a Bracha!! what a Bracha Levatala!!
Any explanations Please??

grace413

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 4:35 am
Chag Atzmaut Sameach!

How fortunate we are to live in EY!!!!

etky

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 9:15 am
grace413 wrote:
Chag Atzmaut Sameach!

How fortunate we are to live in EY!!!!

And may I add - in Medinat Yisrael.

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 10:00 am
What and who is Magen Avraham?

moonstone

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 10:08 am
etky wrote:
And may I add - in Medinat Yisrael.

Thumbs Up

m in Israel

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 10:54 am
yo'ma wrote:
What and who is Magen Avraham?

The Magen Avraham is one of the main meforshim on the chelek Orach Chaim of the Shulchan Orach.

In the question of what a woman's obligations in tefila are, the Magen Avrahm quotes the Rambam's position which may be understood to mean that women are not obligated to say the formal tefilos as long as they are yotzei the mitzva of tefila each day by in some way expressing shevach-bakasha-hodaah to Hashem, even in their own words. (I think R' Ovadiah Yosef, tz"l paskened this way)

This is in contrast to the Ramban who holds woman are obligated to say shemona esrai daily (or twice daily), which is the psak of most poskim including the mishna berurah.

5mom

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 11:05 am
boysmom4 wrote:
can you explain to me why if we won the war and now we have an independant state why does that
equal up to saying Hallel?
Hallel said on each yom tov was decided about 2000 years ago by the Anshei Knesset Hagdola! Who decided that its normal to say Hallel and with a Bracha!! what a Bracha Levatala!!
Any explanations Please??

For the same reason we say Hallel on Chanukah - in thanks for the restoration of Jewish sovereignty.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 1:48 pm
is it really just like chanuka that people fighted to have an independent state which is not allowed till mosiach will come?

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 1:52 pm
I don't call anything that isn't called a Chag in the Torah, a chag.

Happy Yom Haatzmaut.

Marion

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
is it really just like chanuka that people fighted to have an independent state which is not allowed till mosiach will come?

Fought, not fighted. And yes, it is. And yes it is allowed, by many, many poskim. In fact, there is only one group that I am aware of that explicitly does not allow for the notion of an independent state until mashiach arrives...of course, there is another group that says mashiach was already here, b'seter, and yet another group that is waiting for the "second coming". I don't think Imamother is a good place to have the hashkafic debate of independent state now or later. The fact is, the State of Israel exists (B"H).

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 2:16 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akam.....a9fae

5mom

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 2:24 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I don't call anything that isn't called a Chag in the Torah, a chag.

Happy Yom Haatzmaut.

That's what people say colloquially. The correct expression is
מועדים לשמחה לגאולה שלמה

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 2:26 pm
Marion wrote:
Fought, not fighted. And yes, it is. And yes it is allowed, by many, many poskim. In fact, there is only one group that I am aware of that explicitly does not allow for the notion of an independent state until mashiach arrives...of course, there is another group that says mashiach was already here, b'seter, and yet another group that is waiting for the "second coming". I don't think Imamother is a good place to have the hashkafic debate of independent state now or later. The fact is, the State of Israel exists (B"H).

wtvr u say! but don't agree and don't think u have all the facts right!
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days