Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp sternberg friendships

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 11:47 am
We are OOT and looking into Sternberg of our teen- would you say that the friendships made in camp last through out the year or is it" camp friends" and "school friends." dd is homeschooled so we really need a place where lasting friendships are made.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 12:33 pm
I made many lasting friendships there. If at least one side is on top of keeping in touch, it can work.

fiji

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 12:42 pm
sternberg is definitely the kind of place to make lasting friends. I went there for years and the experiences and memories I made there are ones that I will treasure forever

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 2:22 pm
Thanks so much for the responses. Do you think the girls who go now keep in touch the old fashioned way by phone/ letters or is it more snapchat/facetime- or whatever they call it now a days on their smart phones.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 2:28 pm
My girls use email, but also phone. And Sternberg has a nice ratio of out of towners. DD has friends from Missouri, Wisconsin, Texas, Maryland, etc. She talks to a few of them regularly.

baseballmom

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 6:08 pm
My dd keeps in touch with tons of camp sternberg friends - they call each other and email each other. She speaks to some each week before shabbos.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 6:40 pm
My daughters keep in touch with friends thru electronic means. Email, text, what's app, FaceTime. Some phone calls and visits but mostly the new way
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children