Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
TAG or BBY
1  2  Next

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 5:07 pm
I have heard TAG is more acedemic than BBY. Do the girls however get wonderful, Yiddish hashkafas. ? Please list pros and cons for both ?

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 5:11 pm
My girls are still in lower elementary school but so far loving tag! While it is big, it is extremely warm and caring. They seem to be getting solid hashkafos and a great education bh.
Im sure ppl are also happy at bby but I never sent there so can't say anything one way or the other.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 5:24 pm
Tag is a great school! Excellent hashkafos! Fantastic teachers! It's grown a lot since my oldest started but somehow the school still has a cozy, family like feel to it. The principals really know the students and look out for each girl! I have a few girls in tag now and have been through every division (currently have girls in three divisions) and are so happy! Excellent education, solid hashkafos, warm school - what could be better! I also love that it's a community school. My daughters' classes are mostly made up with girls from our neighborhood (and some from other neighborhoods that requested this class) which makes arranging play dates much easier but it's nice for them to be in a school with a community feel.

eight

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 5:37 pm
Where are most of the girls from ? Can we request my girls be with far Rockaway girls and what are the chances of that happening ?
Also any info on BBY

amother
Mint

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 5:48 pm
The classes are divided by neighborhood in TAG. As my girls got older there was shuffling in the grades as certain academic and social needs had to be met but overall the classes are generally divided by neighborhood. I appreciate that the principal might call me during the summer to ask what my
Child needed more a specific teacher or class. That's been my personal experience.

eight

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 6:48 pm
I heard the pre school at BY is very good, is it easy to go from pre school BBY to TAG elementary

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 6:56 pm
It's very hard to get into tag if you wait until elementary school. They fill by up kindergarten.
eight wrote:
I heard the pre school at BY is very good, is it easy to go from pre school BBY to TAG elementary

eight

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 7:14 pm
Any pros or cons for BBY. Do the girls get good education , good hashkafas? How's the high school, are the girls able to further their education after high school or are they more limited

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 6:00 am
A TAG graduate was just chosen as valedictorian of Rutgerā€™s Pharmaceutical program:

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

amother
Azure

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 6:12 am
Theyre both good schools. While BBY is technically considered to the right of TAG, they really are both pretty mainstream and both have a mix of girls. Theyre both good choices. TAG is more academic than BBY, but thats not to say that BBY doesnt have good academics... TAG has a higher level of academics, yes, but BBY is still covering the material that needs to be covered. With both schools, girls can further their education after high school. With both schools, the hashkafos are good.

eight

Post Sat, May 14 2016, 10:04 pm
Is it easy to go from BBY pre school to TAG elementary ?

amother
Azure

Post Sat, May 14 2016, 10:13 pm
eight wrote:
Is it easy to go from BBY pre school to TAG elementary ?

No. TAG is hard to get into, even more so when a student is transferring out of another preschool.

eight

Post Sat, May 14 2016, 10:43 pm
Is it easy to go from TAG to BBY ?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 9:41 am
Don't know much about the schools, but I know the English principal and Hebrew high school principal @BBY. They are both exceptional people and I can just imagine that they run their departments really well!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 12:50 pm
eight wrote:
Is it easy to go from TAG to BBY ?

Definitely easier than the other way around, for sure.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 10:36 am
Our girls are at TAG and I find it to be a really warm school overall and the academic level is pretty high- I never sent to BBY so I can't compare. It is a very mixed school hashkafically- girls coming from all over Far Rockaway and the Five Towns and beyond- but the hashkafos of the school are solid and the principal, Rabbi Weitman, is not scared of his parent body, which I happen to love.

All that being said, though, did you look into BY Ateres Miriam? It is a newer school- I think it goes up to second grade right now- but parents are really happy there. It's small and the academic level and hashkafos are also supposedly pretty good. If I was a new parent, I would definitely look into it...- just my two cents.

eight

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:05 am
do parents ever worry that their girls would be exposed to different hashkafas at TAG and if yes the impact of those different hashkafas have on them?

eight

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:06 am
Also do the BBY girls generally remain for BBY high school or go to Brooklyn ?

eight

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:19 pm
Do BBY girls typically continue onto BBY high school or rather go to Brooklyn ?

twogees

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:23 pm
The girls go all over. tmm (bby hs) brroklyn and queens. I went to bby and went to a different hs and my sister is going to a different hs as well.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics