Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tried and tested ways to get rid of lice
Previous  1  2

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 10:09 am
m in Israel wrote:
The combing twice a day would have gotten rid of the lice even without the mayonnaise! (Although I'm sure the mayonnaise didn't hurt -- it probably acted like conditioner -- to make everything slippery and easier to remove the lice.)
the lice experts here told my mother it would prob take 2 weeks when they saw the extent of it.

thanks

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 10:16 am
When you look thru the hair and find a louse, take a piece of masking tape to get it out. The bug will stick, and not your child's hair. Much easier than trying to pick out the tiny creature.

rzab

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 10:30 am
Thanks everyone for the advice!
This should be fun.....

Do any of these methods help with Nits or do I keep doing it so the lice don't have a chance to lay eggs? I haven't found any lice yet, but I see a ton of nits

m in Israel

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:27 am
rzab wrote:
Thanks everyone for the advice!
This should be fun.....

Do any of these methods help with Nits or do I keep doing it so the lice don't have a chance to lay eggs? I haven't found any lice yet, but I see a ton of nits

Some combs claim to remove nits as well (I'm pretty sure the Assy 2000 says that on the package). But I would still make sure to keep combing and not rely on that.

Last edited by m in Israel on Sun, May 15 2016, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

m in Israel

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:31 am
amother wrote:
the lice experts here told my mother it would prob take 2 weeks when they saw the extent of it.

I'm not sure why a larger infestation should take any longer to get rid off. The combing will take longer when you do it, as you need to keep combing until there are no more lice coming out. If you have a bad infestation then the first time you comb will probably take a while. But once you get them out that first time the subsequent combing shouldn't be too bad, and it should take the same number of days.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 12:55 pm
I live in Israel and have just had it with this lice infestation. I always stuck to natural..tons of conditioner..comb out daily with assy 2000 comb for 2 weeks straight. and blow dry hair a few times. When it's a couple kids and yourself you need to do it just gets sooo crazy. the most recent one I used this spray that kills the lice and u know what? I still combed daily but was much more calm that the lice and nits were dead and would not hatch.
Just by a product that you can use to kill the bugs..trust me it's not worth all the work otherwise.
Now if your in Israel my newest technique is to put rosemary oil near my child's ear and nape of neck daily before school. let's see if it works.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 12:53 am
The Nisska comb definitely takes out nits too when used with thick conditioner. Do not wet the hair, just put tons of conditioner on until it's soaking from the conditioner alone. With each pass, wipe it off on a tissue and you'll see what's coming off. When the hair has been completely done then wash out well. Next spray on rubbing alcohol all over the hair. Blow dry at the highest heat your child can stand. Do this for 3 days and change and wash linens daily until everything is gone. After 3 days just check for another week but you don't have to do the whole process again unless you keep on finding new nits. Israeli parents should get together and insist that the schools be much more strict about this and not accept it as a fact of life. It definitely is not in the US and it's a tremendous chilul Hashem when tourists pick it up after visiting Israel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics