Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Diaper Bag - ISO Similar to Skip Hop

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:26 am
I really want a Skip Hop Grand Central diaper bag but they're selling for about $100 even on ebay! I am looking for something similar of similar quality, willing to spend up to $40. I'm scouring ebay and would even buy something used (but for an even better price obviously). I like the roominess of their bags, must have side pockets for baby bottle/water bottle, and not junk. Which other companies should I search for?

cnc

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:33 am
Did you check amazon?
Do you need it right away, because they go on special often on Amazon.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:41 am
yeah its 75, still too much

esther11

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:45 am
https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....5EPLA

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:54 am
wow! thats a fantastic price! thanks!

esther11

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 12:04 pm
Google is a useful thing! Enjoy! Smile

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 12:43 pm
esther11 wrote:
https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/1702237/skip-hop-grand-central-diaper-bag?color=MULTI&size=OS&cm_mmc=feeds-_-adlucent-_-google-_-pla&utm_source=feeds&utm_medium=adlucent&utm_content=google&utm_campaign=pla&sid=545650&aid=%5BADL%5D%20%5BPLA%5D%20%5BShopping%5D%20-%20Categories%20-%20Brand&kwid=productads-adid%5E93310058917-device%5Em-plaid%5E164191547077-sku%5E10260435-adType%5EPLA

on second thought - with tax and with shipping its 58 and that's a bit more than a bit more than I wanted to spend Smile . I don't think it's realistic to find exactly what I want for this cheap except maybe on ebay.

That's why I was wondering if anyone can reccomend something similar in build. I like the zippered top, the small zipper pockets for cellphone, etc.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 12:50 pm
If you get one from bed bath and beyond it can come out to $52... More than you wanted but less than $58...
(If you use a 20% off coupon. Free shipping over $25..)

studying_torah

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 1:53 pm
I got a great diaper bag at target, albeit not as pretty as the one you like. Has separate outside insulated bottle pocket, and outside wipes container, 2 huge inside pockets, a zippered cel pocket, and inner and an outer zippered pocket, diaper pad etc.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
on second thought - with tax and with shipping its 58 and that's a bit more than a bit more than I wanted to spend Smile . I don't think it's realistic to find exactly what I want for this cheap except maybe on ebay.

That's why I was wondering if anyone can reccomend something similar in build. I like the zippered top, the small zipper pockets for cellphone, etc.

You can buy $100 worth of merchandise and then return at the store what you don't want.

queenert

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 4:34 pm
I got this one and am thrilled with out (and you can't beat the price): http://www.amazon.com/Carters-.....r+bag

It has tons of pockets, buckles to clip to the stroller bar, water bottle pockets etc.
Everything has a place and I like the look too. (They have it in black too which I think looks sleeker but this fabric is wipe down which is convenient.)
I would definitely look at their other bags if you want something with a different design. Their quality and build is good.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 10:32 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
You can buy $100 worth of merchandise and then return at the store what you don't want.

The closest store is too far aaway that its not worth it for me. I already checked that. Smile

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 10:34 pm
queenert wrote:
I got this one and am thrilled with out (and you can't beat the price): http://www.amazon.com/Carters-.....r+bag

It has tons of pockets, buckles to clip to the stroller bar, water bottle pockets etc.
Everything has a place and I like the look too. (They have it in black too which I think looks sleeker but this fabric is wipe down which is convenient.)
I would definitely look at their other bags if you want something with a different design. Their quality and build is good.

Very pretty. The one thing I don't like about it is that none of the pockets seem to have zippers. If I want to keep my cellphone inside and the whole bag gets turned over, it falls out. Tht was the problem with my last diaper bag.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 10:34 pm
studying_torah wrote:
I got a great diaper bag at target, albeit not as pretty as the one you like. Has separate outside insulated bottle pocket, and outside wipes container, 2 huge inside pockets, a zippered cel pocket, and inner and an outer zippered pocket, diaper pad etc.
Which company?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 10:35 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
If you get one from bed bath and beyond it can come out to $52... More than you wanted but less than $58...
(If you use a 20% off coupon. Free shipping over $25..)

I see it there for 90. With a 20% coupon, it's 72. How did you get 52?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 10:05 am
I made a bid on one on ebay, not the one that I ideally want but if I get it for the price I put in, I hope it'll be worth it. I don't want it to look very used, so it's a risk, but seller has 100% positive feedback. If I don't win it, I'm going to buy the one from nordstrom.

queenert

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
Very pretty. The one thing I don't like about it is that none of the pockets seem to have zippers. If I want to keep my cellphone inside and the whole bag gets turned over, it falls out. Tht was the problem with my last diaper bag.

There's one zip pocket inside (and the other pockets inside have elastic so they keep things like diapers and wipes nice and snug) and the two decorative zip pockets outside have zips too.
Hope whichever you choose works well for you!

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 3:31 pm
queenert wrote:
There's one zip pocket inside (and the other pockets inside have elastic so they keep things like diapers and wipes nice and snug) and the two decorative zip pockets outside have zips too.
Hope whichever you choose works well for you!

That's not bad. And it's way prettier than the Skip Hop one (but not the Grand Central, different style) I won on ebay. Oh well. It was only 16.50 and free shipping so if it does turn it out to be in better condition than the picture shows, I'll have gotten a good deal. Thanks! If it turns out to be a bummer, I'd rather spend the 30 on this than 58 on the grand central.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
I see it there for 90. With a 20% coupon, it's 72. How did you get 52?

I wasn't looking at a specific one. I saw some skip hop diaper bags for the $62-64 range.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics