Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What is the difference in faucet types for kitchen?

anonymrs

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:20 pm
I'm looking to buy faucets for kitchen but don't know anything. Any info would be appreciated. What kind of faucet do you have and do you like it? What's good/bad about it? Pictures or links are appreciated too. Thanks!

groisamomma

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:31 pm
Single handle faucets are a shayla for shabbos because it is often not entirely to the right and uses warm water.

mfb

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 11:47 pm
Get something high, so its easy to manuver big pots in and out of the sink

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 1:53 am
Something like this with a high arch and a pull down spray.
http://www.faucetdirect.com/de.....id=AL!3775!3!40786926923!!!g!154116634403!

shanie5

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 8:00 pm
Get a brand name! Like Delta. With off brand names, it's hard to find parts if and when needed. (I had to buy a new faucet cuz we couldnt find parts to fix the one I had). Another reason is quality. I bought an off brand "that uses delta parts", but the whole faucet broke as it was not made of the same quality material as the actual delta ones.

I have replaced my kitchen faucet a few times over the past years. The last time, the plumber refused to let me buy the faucet myself as the ones I choose dont last.

anonymrs

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:19 pm
Thanks all!

Shanie5, do you know what other brands are good?

Also, what is the difference between 8" center set, widespread, etc.?

Is there anything bad about getting a faucet set on a bar like this http://www.faucetdirect.com/ki.....08238 ? I don't like faucets with a plate, I find them annoying to keep clean. Is a bar better? Or the faucets that have separate pieces that are set directly into the counter (granite)?

Thanks!!

shanie5

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 7:19 pm
No, sorry. My plumber just insisted on a delta faucet, and thats the one he bought for me last time. Delta faucets come in many styles, so you can probably find what you want there. Or else you could ask your plumber or the place you buy for the best quality names.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 7:28 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Single handle faucets are a shayla for shabbos because it is often not entirely to the right and uses warm water.
You can have your plumber put in an easily accessible hot water shutoff (like inside the sink cabinet but at the front) on a single handle faucet.

sky

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 7:32 pm
groisamomma wrote:

I agree. We have tested some - turned off the cold water input and water still comes through when turned on. I would lean towards a faucet with 2 handles for this reason. If not test it out to see if it is an issue, if it is you may have to turn off the hot water input before shabbos. (most people do lean toward a single handle, it looks nicer and is easier to adjust and install).

greenfire

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 1:03 am
high arch with pull out sprayer ... my preference is separate handles for hot & cold for better temperature control

http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/

price pfister, moen are some brands to look at

rachel6543

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 1:11 am
I got a new faucet 6 months ago. I got this one. So far, still working fine. It looks good in my kitchen and has a high arch which I like.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_527989.....1#img
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars