Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Yummy thick homemade ice-coffee

WastingTime

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 12:21 pm
I felt like I would share how to make it (in case there are those who don't know) since I am so thoroughly enjoying mine right now!

The trick is you need to blend almost frozen milk. So either stick milk in the freezer and thaw a bit before use or freeze till almost solid (once summer hits I almost always keep milk in the freezer). It needs to be only thawed a bit- so that the blender can cut it/ you can break it apart a bit with a sharp knife- it should not be slush but basically solid. Blend milk with coffee/sugar/sweetner (if you use) to taste(we also do it with chocolate milk powder- either iced shoko or iced mocha) and blend until combined. You may need to stop the blender in the middle and break up the big ice chunk with a knife. Sometimes it comes out so thick we just eat it with spoons like ice cream. Really great treat and especially if you are dieting you can make it with 1% milk and sweetner and just count the milk.

Enjoy!!!

mille

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 12:38 pm
To make it easier on your blender, you can freeze milk into ice cube trays, assuming your blender has no issues with regular ice cubes!

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 12:47 pm
We'll now I want one. Smile
I sometimes freeze the coffee and blend with milk. Also comes out nice.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 1:01 pm
Adding a frozen banana makes it incredibly not normally deliciously creamy and thick as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics