Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Baby jogger city select vs Uppa baby vista

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 1:58 pm
Which one would be better for steps?
Need it as a single for now.
I know as a double there is more space in between the to seats in the city select.
TIA

pesek zman

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 2:00 pm
Like to carry up and down the stairs? Neither. They are both very heavy. You should look into a lightweight stroller

mille

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 2:13 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Like to carry up and down the stairs? Neither. They are both very heavy. You should look into a lightweight stroller

Agreed. City mini single is a lot lighter than city mini select. Single is 17lb and the select is 29lb. Source: http://www.babygearlab.com/Bes.....mpare

Uppababy vista is 28lb.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 2:20 pm
thanks
not to carry it to bounce it up and down. I know it isnt covered under warranty then.
I want to get a stroller with a bassinet (I dont have a car) and be able to turn the seat facing in either direction.

mha3484

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 2:22 pm
I have the vista and while I love it, getting it up and down stairs is very hard when open and in use. Its a very large heavy stroller. Usually I need DH to help me.

pesek zman

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 2:41 pm
I don't understand bouncing up and down. I can't imagine doing it: it's just too heavy and with a baby in there I can't see it being safe. I have the city select but live in elevator building. On Shabbos my husband brings it down the stairs for me. I'm sure you can find lighter strollers that meet your requirement

SYA

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 3:25 pm
If you use the uppababy with a bassinet on the bottom and the regular seat in front with adapters it is very heavy. It's really difficult bouncing it up and down steps like that. Did it for one step and stopped. I couldn't continue. As a single stroller with just the bassinet or the regular seat then it bounces smoothly up and down the steps, though it is a bit heavy.

Smile1234

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 3:31 pm
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure both are virtually impossible/ or very very hard to bounce up and down steps when they have 2 kids in them.
I have a double city mini gt which is good on the stairs, and a uppababy cruz for a single.

kb

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 3:37 pm
As a single, the vista bounces down steps nicely.

With 2 seats, it's very hard. Especially if there are kids in the stroller vs babies.

twogees

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 4:39 pm
the vista is an amazing single. I have a city mini for my double for babysitting since I didnt like the fact that on the vista the kid in the upper seats feet were in the kid in the lower seats face. I also saw that in the city select. my friend who has the select said that the select as a double with a toddler and baby is VERY hard to push even on a regular sidewalk...

pesek zman

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 6:37 pm
Neither are safe to bounce up or down stairs while baby is in a bassinet. A baby in a bassinet is not strapped in at all: he's totally unsecured and could easily get hurt if bumping up or down stairs

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 7:08 pm
I have a city select. As a single I've bumped it up/down steps with no problem. I've never had another stroller - so I have nothing to compare it to so maybe that's way I don't find it so bad. It is heavy but I find it very doable. As a double I do it to, but take out my toddler first since then its really heavy , plus he sits in the seat farther away, and its scares me to have that whole part of the stroller in the air as I bump it up .

But if your asking for stairs in an apartment building, I wouldn't recommend it. The stairs are usually very narrow and there are turns and its very hard to get it up. But for 5-10 decent size steps in front of a building, I find it fine. Could be there are better ones though, I never tried anything else.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:
I have a city select. As a single I've bumped it up/down steps with no problem. I've never had another stroller - so I have nothing to compare it to so maybe that's way I don't find it so bad. It is heavy but I find it very doable. As a double I do it to, but take out my toddler first since then its really heavy , plus he sits in the seat farther away, and its scares me to have that whole part of the stroller in the air as I bump it up .

But if your asking for stairs in an apartment building, I wouldn't recommend it. The stairs are usually very narrow and there are turns and its very hard to get it up. But for 5-10 decent size steps in front of a building, I find it fine. Could be there are better ones though, I never tried anything else.

Thank you everyone,

Its a basement apartment so there is a flight of stairs down

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 7:41 pm
I attached my car seat to the city select and bumped it up and down twice every day. It's doable if u take out front kid. It doesn't hurt that I got some muscle now to show off Very Happy

miri36

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 8:01 pm
Cruz is probably lighter and can take a bassinet and have seat face both ways.

wiki

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 3:53 pm
Both are great strollers, but if your lifestyle involves bumping up and down a flight of stairs every single time you enter and leave your apartment, neither of these strollers sounds like a very practical choice for daily out-of-the-house use. Consider a different stroller, a second stroller for outings, or securing your stroller on the ground floor somewhere.

Tekky

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 4:50 pm
you can see the differences here http://site.pishposhbaby.com/b.....lect/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics