Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Does anyone remember dream cups?
1  2  Next

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 10:42 pm
Dream cups were a type of chocolate nosh probably back in the 80's.

Some had a white cream filling (maybe marshmallow?) and the other type was peanut butter filling.

The best part was that it was made from delicious milk chocolate on the outside that was cholov yisroel.

So... I miss them. I think about them from time to time. And while there is a lot more out there in the kosher candy department than ever before, I can't figure out why they stopped making those. They were only around for a few years. They were soooooo good.

Does anyone remember them??

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 10:53 pm
My mom used to make peanut butter dream balls...

Merrymom

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 10:58 pm
Maybe it was just because I enjoyed candy more when I was a kid that I think it tasted better than candy does now. But no, I don't think so. Everything now is artificially flavored and made with corn syrup. It just tastes bad. I keep hoping and will take a taste now and then but I can never even finish that first bite. Who remembers those chewy fruit squares that came in lemon and cherry. I want those, not the poor imitations that look like them but don't taste like them. Sad

itsme123

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:38 pm
Chew chews?? Yum I can still taste them!!

Reesa

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:40 pm
I remember the dream cups! I miss them too! Do you know which company made them? Maybe we can reach out to them to bring them back on the market!!

sourstix

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:43 pm
oh the chew chews! boy do I remember them. how come they dont make them? they were so so good. they came stacked in 5 and they were so cheap and eveyrrone loved them. please bring them back. just so I can have one more and buy them for my kids.

nursemomma

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 12:12 am
I'm salivating for a pack of chew chews right now...Wink

rdmom

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 7:28 am
Who remembers nougat rolls? Or were they called nougat bars? They were these chewy nutty bar with a nougat center. Boy were they good.
But chew chews were by far the best thing on the market then. The imitations today don't come close. And I think it was 6 for 25 cents? And then the price went up to 30 cents for only 5 pieces. If it would be around today they would charge way more.
I really want this back on the market

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 8:25 am
Reesa wrote:
I remember the dream cups! I miss them too! Do you know which company made them? Maybe we can reach out to them to bring them back on the market!!

okay ...so this thread was worth it if even 1 person remembers .....

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 8:28 am
rdmom wrote:
Who remembers nougat rolls? Or were they called nougat bars? They were these chewy nutty bar with a nougat center. Boy were they good.
But chew chews were by far the best thing on the market then. The imitations today don't come close. And I think it was 6 for 25 cents? And then the price went up to 30 cents for only 5 pieces. If it would be around today they would charge way more.
I really want this back on the market

nougat rolls!!! sure, I remember - lol!! They were so rich and I guess fattening but I really didn't know about calories and fat back then. Now that's a good memory ... when did they stop making nougat rolls? why? I think that there were very few things (nosh) that were cholov yisroel 25 years ago. Milk munch took over and all the good stuff disappeared!

Reesa

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 9:37 am
How about rondos? They were the Cholov yisroel version of rolos! Yum!

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 9:42 am
Yum! I even told my DD's about those dream cups. Someone should totally market them again. I would go right out and buy a big bag......I liked the coconut cream ones best.

About the chew-chews, there was a different kind that I loved. They came in cherry, lemon, and orange flavors, and they were sold singly, and wrapped in silvery wrappers with little colored fruit on them. Remember those? Yum!

Another favorite memory - there were these cylinder-shaped lollypops that had a piece of wax at the bottom, and they were red, yellow, and green. As you sucked them the top got kind of pointy. I remember getting them for .25 at the local grocery, on my way to school.....

studying_torah

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:36 am
And tangy taffy, especially the ones with sparkly sugar! Although the yellow banana flavored one was a bit weird.
We used to go to candy man on 13th avenue while waiting for the city bus , after school.

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:40 am
My two favorites were Dream cups and nougat roll. A few years ago, chew chews came back in. But they didn't taste anything like I remembered

rdmom

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:52 am
Chayelle

Those individual wrapped ones you talking about. Loved them. Forgot their name tho. We called them kathys. Dunno why. My brother gave them that name. A couple of years ago they came out again. Was out for awhile and now it's gone again.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:50 am
Reesa wrote:
How about rondos? They were the Cholov yisroel version of rolos! Yum!

omg! totally remember!!! All these things were "the nosh" in the mid 80's!

dream cups
nougat rolls
rondos ....

come back!!! Where are the candy manufacturers? They should be reading this!!

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:53 am
rdmom wrote:
Chayelle

Those individual wrapped ones you talking about. Loved them. Forgot their name tho. We called them kathys. Dunno why. My brother gave them that name. A couple of years ago they came out again. Was out for awhile and now it's gone again.

I think we called them that, too! Haven't seen them for years!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:54 am
amother wrote:
Dream cups were a type of chocolate nosh probably back in the 80's.

Some had a white cream filling (maybe marshmallow?) and the other type was peanut butter filling.

The best part was that it was made from delicious milk chocolate on the outside that was cholov yisroel.

So... I miss them. I think about them from time to time. And while there is a lot more out there in the kosher candy department than ever before, I can't figure out why they stopped making those. They were only around for a few years. They were soooooo good.

Does anyone remember them??

Sure I remember!!! I remember begging my mother to let me bring them when I had a siyum. They were considered an "expensive" nosh....my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:56 am
Yes!! I talk about dream cups all the time!

Now and laters are chew chews but not kosher certified...

Merrymom

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 12:19 pm
MyKidsRQte wrote:
My two favorites were Dream cups and nougat roll. A few years ago, chew chews came back in. But they didn't taste anything like I remembered

Exactly. I see some of those old time candies too but they never taste like the real thing. I guess real flavors are too expensive Rolling Eyes

Oh and thanks to the poster who remembered they were called chew chews. All I remember is the high school girls used to sell that at their canteen and I used to sneak away from the elementary school to go buy some but I couldn't remember what they were called.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen