Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My nearly 2 year old has decided he doesn't need much sleep

devash1

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 12:25 am
He was sleeping really well over Pesach, about 12 hours at night plus a two hour nap and now he's decided 9 hours at night is enough sleep with just an hour nap. Last night he went to bed at 10 and was up at 7 refusing to go back to sleep. I've tried an earlier bed time, but that doesn't seem to be working. He has been crabbier, I'm not sure if it's because he's teething or because he's he's seriously overtired.

I would love to hear any of your suggestions, thanks so much.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:17 am
My toddler tries to skip naps and wakes up early no matter what time he goes to sleep.

I tell him that the Mommy union has negotiated that if he doesn't take a nap by 12, he goes to the crib for 30 minutes then and at 130 or 2 because Mommys get to take two 30 minute breaks a day.

I make sure he is comfortable and has a bottle and a few toys and sometimes he goes to sleep. Other times he complains for a few minutes, then settles down and plays nicely.

devash1

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 12:29 pm
Wow, I can't imagine my baby playing nicely in his crib. He goes to sleep in a very dark room, I'm not sure if it's enough light where he could see to play. He has been taking a nap, it's just a lot shorter than the two hours that he was doing after Pesach. Is 9 hours of sleep enough for a toddler plus an hour to a 1/2 hour nap?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics