Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Boys Sleepaway camp, Camp yeshiva? Stolin?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 1:39 am
We're moving from williamsburg to monsey for the upcoming school year. My son was accepted to Imrei Shufer, an open minded but mainstream chassidish Cheder, no rules for parents( I think)😉
Now I might be late in the game but my son decided that since he won't be going back to his current Cheder, Krasna, he would like to attend a different camp with more fun activities... & meet new kids.

I was thinking maybe camp yeshiva, or stolin. Anyone out there can give some info about these camps? Or any other suggestions? I would love for him to have the best time, before we move & also be in a comfortable setting with nice mix of kids....

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 1:58 am
I can give you information on Stolin, since all my brothers went there, but it may be outdated since my brothers went there a while ago.

My family is litvish and all my brothers went to Stolin camp and had a really good time. There were all types of chassidish and yeshivish boys, though chassidish-wise, I don't think there were many boys with curly peyos and chassidish havaros. Also, I'm almost positive they spoke English all the time. But that could have changed by now.

Since it was quite a mix, it was a warm, friendly place.

ETA: And they definitely had a lot of fun. We saw some crazy videos of them having a blast!

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 2:23 am
Oh, and I just remembered that my nephew (who is heimish) went to Camp Yeshiva this past summer and loved every single minute of it. He tried out other camps and didn't like them, so this was quite a pleasant surprise! Nice crowd, and he had a great summer.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 1:07 pm
These camps are full. Better get on a waiting list and see who calls you first

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 1:57 pm
My son goes to Krasna and they do a lot of activities. Stolin is known to be a great camp.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 6:58 pm
DS was at Stolin last year, and he loved it. As a parent I was really impressed. Most of DS's classmates attended, from a yeshiva with a chassidish havara, and many with long curly peyos. But DS 2, age 10, can't get in for second half, so apply ASAP!

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:59 am
Any other camp suggestions of similar chasidish /litvish/ heimish mix?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:33 am
Ohr Shraga maybe? Not sure about the age range though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children