Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Looking to switch cell phone provider

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 6:40 am
I am looking to switch cell phone provier but not sure to which one!
I am in the midwood/marine park section of Brooklyn, NY.
I currently have verizon but I feel like I am over paying.
please help

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 6:44 am
amother wrote:
I am looking to switch cell phone provier but not sure to which one!
I am in the midwood/marine park section of Brooklyn, NY.
I currently have verizon but I feel like I am over paying.
please help

I have a family plan from Cricket Wireless (which runs on the AT&T network). We are paying $100 for 5 lines. Unlimited talk and text, 2.5mb high-speed data.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 7:03 am
See if your phone is compatible with ring plus. I switched in November and its been great. I had some challenges switching, but haven't had problems since then.

doctorima

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 7:05 am
Cricket has a good reputation, and if you want a traditional post-paid plan, T-Mobile is generally the cheapest for what you get. A lot depends on how many lines you need, and how much data you use per month. Another option worth looking into is Project Fi by Google, which uses both T-Mobile and Spring. However, be aware that your Verizon phone uses different technology and won't work on T-Mobile or AT&T/Cricket, so factor in the cost of a new phone(s).

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 7:31 am
Verizon phones should be perfectly compatible with pageplus. They don't give you much data with the basic plan so that's a factor you need to consider.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 7:50 am
If you don't need much data, try metro pcs. I have their $30/month plan and I have never yet run out. It is very minimal, but I spend most of my time in wifi areas.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 8:40 am
amother wrote:
If you don't need much data, try metro pcs. I have their $30/month plan and I have never yet run out. It is very minimal, but I spend most of my time in wifi areas.

Do you know if I can use a sprint phone on their network?

Merrymom

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 9:21 am
I use page plus, the $30 plan. I get plenty of data and it runs on the verizon network, it's just cheaper.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 4:37 pm
amother wrote:
I have a family plan from Cricket Wireless (which runs on the AT&T network). We are paying $100 for 5 lines. Unlimited talk and text, 2.5mb high-speed data.

Are you happy with the Cricket plan, and how often can you go online with 2.5 gb?

rachel6543

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 5:15 pm
I'm not in NY, but have to say I've had the best customer service so far with Verizon. It's not the cheapest, but overall (so far) I've had the best experience with. In the past I used both ATT and T-Mobile and they were overall awful experiences, so I've been boycotting them the last few yrs.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 5:19 pm
rachel6543 wrote:
I'm not in NY, but have to say I've had the best customer service so far with Verizon. It's not the cheapest, but overall (so far) I've had the best experience with. In the past I used both ATT and T-Mobile and they were overall awful experiences, so I've been boycotting them the last few yrs.

Probably way more expensive for a comparable family plan though.

doctorima

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 7:13 am
Verizon has great coverage, but is generally the most expensive option of all of the major carriers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics