Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My twins wake each other up Every Single Night

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 7:58 am
My three year old twins sleep in the same room because our apartment is too small and there's nowhere else to put one.

And every night they're up for hours. I don't know who wakes whom. But they can be up for a five hour stretch during the night. And they don't just sit and talk. I can't go to sleep while they're up because it's dangerous to leave them unattended.

Last night I finally tried melatonin. I gave them 1 piece. They woke up later than usual (3:30am instead of like 12-1am). But still not good enough.

They eat well, don't nap, go to sleep at a decent hour (7), have plenty exercise...

I don't know what else to do. Please share ideas.

rachel6543

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 8:27 am
So, there are clocks they make for kids that changes color for bedtime and awake time. Maybe something like this would help? You might be able to train your kids to be quiet and sleep when the clock shows sleep time and then they are allowed to get us and talk once it shows awake time.

See link below of an example product. There are apparently many brands and styles to choose from these days. I have personally never used one yet (my son is too old now), but if I have more kids I would definitely consider getting one.

http://www.amazon.com/OK-Wake-.....HSBV4

mazal555

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 9:28 am
I think 7 is too early. My toddler gets up at 12 also if she goes to bed that early. I don't let her go to bed before 9 or 10 and then she sleeps better.

Leahh

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 9:59 am
mazal555 wrote:
I think 7 is too early. My toddler gets up at 12 also if she goes to bed that early. I don't let her go to bed before 9 or 10 and then she sleeps better.

That is very late for a toddler.
My 3 yr old goes to sleep by 7/7:30.
I think the recommended amount of sleep for a child that age is 12-13 hours.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 11:32 am
mazal555 wrote:

If I put them to bed later, they are too overtired to fall asleep.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 11:33 am
rachel6543 wrote:
So, there are clocks they make for kids that changes color for bedtime and awake time. Maybe something like this would help? You might be able to train your kids to be quiet and sleep when the clock shows sleep time and then they are allowed to get us and talk once it shows awake time.

See link below of an example product. There are apparently many brands and styles to choose from these days. I have personally never used one yet (my son is too old now), but if I have more kids I would definitely consider getting one.

http://www.amazon.com/OK-Wake-.....HSBV4

Interesting idea. Maybe I'll get one. However by the next morning it'll be broken to pieces

naomi2

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 5:10 pm
can you keep one on the floor of your room for a few nights and see if it makes a difference? melatonin doesnt keep someone asleep it just makes them tired to fall asleep initially.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 5:32 pm
I think putting them to sleep too early moots the point of bedtime ...

try an hour later bedtime but give them a nice hot bath [meaning very warm] with some epsom salt to relax them

can you put a divider into the room until they learn to sleep better and/or make a chart
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers