Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Can u help me use these ingredients?

allcuteonesrtak

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 12:27 pm
I'm working on a tight budget, and in an effort to save $$ I went through my pantry to see if theres anything in there I can use.
I have some closed bottles/cans, but I dont have recipes to go with them Sad

Any ideas?

Im cooking for two, and I prefer to use cutlets vs. chicken on the bone,

thanks!

Franks Hot Sauce
Can of Cranberry Sauce
Sweet and Sour Duck Sauce
Sesame Teriyaki Sauce
Stubb's Hickory Bourbon BBQ Sauce

tryinghard

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 12:36 pm
Duck sauce chicken! or if you like a kick, add half a packet of taco seasoning to the duck sauce first

Either way, pour over chicken and bake (times will depend on type of chicken)

you can do the same with most of the sauces. Cranberry - mix with a can of tomato sauce firts

Frank's is mainly to add heat to another recipe

Last edited by tryinghard on Wed, May 18 2016, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

allcuteonesrtak

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 12:38 pm
tryinghard wrote:
Duck sauce chicken! or if you like a kick, add half a packet of taco seasoning to the duck sauce first

recipe?

also would this work with cutlets?

(I do make sesame chicken, im trying to expand my menu though)

greenfire

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 4:05 pm
does not matter what type of chicken ...

I vote bbq & add a little heat with the hot sauce ... use some garlic & black pepper in addition & then broil on both sides ~ enjoy

BeHappy!

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 4:55 pm
Franks Hot Sauce - hot poppers
Can of Cranberry Sauce
Sweet and Sour Duck Sauce - roll Kisha in cutlet, pour duck sauce over, cover and bake
Sesame Teriyaki Sauce - salmon

yksraya

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 5:04 pm
You can use most of those sauces as a marinate, and then you can grill the chicken (or broil)

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 5:10 pm
allcuteonesrtak wrote:
I'm working on a tight budget, and in an effort to save $$ I went through my pantry to see if theres anything in there I can use.
I have some closed bottles/cans, but I dont have recipes to go with them Sad

Any ideas?

Im cooking for two, and I prefer to use cutlets vs. chicken on the bone,

thanks!

Franks Hot Sauce
Can of Cranberry Sauce
Sweet and Sour Duck Sauce
Sesame Teriyaki Sauce

You can make breaded piquant chicken bites by cooking up a sauce of 2/3 cup duck sauce, 3 tablespoons ketchup, 2 teaspoons mustard and some dried basil and some hot sauce.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....69251

Combine the can of cranberry sauce with a can of seasoned crushed tomatoes, cook until bubbling and drop in meatballs or chicken/turkey meatballs.

Marinate chicken beasts in the sesame teriyaki sauce, grill and serve on top of rice, or sliced on top of a salad.

Combine 1 part barbecue sauce and 2 parts duck sauce, pour over seasoned chicken and bake.

You can also use the barbecue sauce for barbecue meatball subs sandwiches or from marinating more chicken.

Amarante

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 7:53 pm
Duck Sauce Salami.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 10:33 am
BeHappy! wrote:
Franks Hot Sauce - hot poppers
Can of Cranberry Sauce
Sweet and Sour Duck Sauce - roll Kisha in cutlet, pour duck sauce over, cover and bake
Sesame Teriyaki Sauce - salmon

do u have recipe for the hot poppers?

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 10:35 am
ra_mom wrote:
You can make breaded piquant chicken bites by cooking up a sauce of 2/3 cup duck sauce, 3 tablespoons ketchup, 2 teaspoons mustard and some dried basil and some hot sauce.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....69251

Combine the can of cranberry sauce with a can of seasoned crushed tomatoes, cook until bubbling and drop in meatballs or chicken/turkey meatballs.

Marinate chicken beasts in the sesame teriyaki sauce, grill and serve on top of rice, or sliced on top of a salad.

Combine 1 part barbecue sauce and 2 parts duck sauce, pour over seasoned chicken and bake.

You can also use the barbecue sauce for barbecue meatball subs sandwiches or from marinating more chicken.

sounds amazing!!

You always post such good recipes!!

mille

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 2:29 pm
I use frank's red hot for buffalo chicken. I put a whole bunch in a crockpot with 1/2c water and maybe 2lb of chicken cutlets and let it go until the cutlets are soft enough to pull apart. Then serve them on rolls (challah rolls are good) with coleslaw (on the sandwich!). It's a great summer recipe because the crockpot isn't as hot as leaving the oven on Smile If the frank's red hot alone is too spicy for you, add some honey, maybe 1/4c for a whole crockpot full of chicken.

You can probably do the same with most of the sauces you listed, other than the cranberry sauce. Especially the BBQ sauce! I love stubb's!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 2:35 pm
mille wrote:
I use frank's red hot for buffalo chicken. I put a whole bunch in a crockpot with 1/2c water and maybe 2lb of chicken cutlets and let it go until the cutlets are soft enough to pull apart. Then serve them on rolls (challah rolls are good) with coleslaw (on the sandwich!). It's a great summer recipe because the crockpot isn't as hot as leaving the oven on Smile If the frank's red hot alone is too spicy for you, add some honey, maybe 1/4c for a whole crockpot full of chicken.

You can probably do the same with most of the sauces you listed, other than the cranberry sauce. Especially the BBQ sauce! I love stubb's!

sounds good! im cooking for 2.. so I dont think im using 2 lb..
I try not to eat carbs like bread/pasta but the cole slaw sounds good!

how long should I cook it? I have a really small crock pot

mille

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 3:41 pm
allcuteonesrtak wrote:
sounds good! im cooking for 2.. so I dont think im using 2 lb..
I try not to eat carbs like bread/pasta but the cole slaw sounds good!

how long should I cook it? I have a really small crock pot

Since it's such a non-recipe you can definitely be flexible about quantities! My husband had this without the challah when he was on a low carb diet, he was still quite happy with it! You could also maybe do a low carb tortilla wrap if you did want something bread-y but not overload on carbs. It really depends on your crockpot (I have 3, and they are all different in terms of how long things take to cook!), probably 4 hours on low?

cbg

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 4:38 pm
Any of these sauces go great with chicken, fish, ground meat, grilled veggies
Pour, mix, bake.
You mentioned you try to keep low carb.
Sauces have very high sugar content.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 3:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I made it this past week for fri nite and it came out amazing!

thanks so much!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 3:36 pm
cbg wrote:
Any of these sauces go great with chicken, fish, ground meat, grilled veggies
Pour, mix, bake.
You mentioned you try to keep low carb.
Sauces have very high sugar content.

re the high sugar content.. thats also why most of the bottles were still sealed.. I usually use fresh for everything.. I wanted to switch it up though..

also franks hot sauce doesnt work with the "pour mix bake" theory.. I tried Sad

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 9:14 pm
For future reference, if you are aiming to lower food budget, don't buy bottled sauces. Dry rub from dried spice gives as much flavour, less sugar and much cheaper. I save up bits of apples and pineapple cores, puree and freeze in icecube trays. They make great marinade, and tenderise the meat. Also it's far more economical to buy chicken pieces on the bone with skin and cut out cutlets yourself. (Use the bony bits for soup )

allcuteonesrtak

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:38 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
For future reference, if you are aiming to lower food budget, don't buy bottled sauces. Dry rub from dried spice gives as much flavour, less sugar and much cheaper. I save up bits of apples and pineapple cores, puree and freeze in icecube trays. They make great marinade, and tenderise the meat. Also it's far more economical to buy chicken pieces on the bone with skin and cut out cutlets yourself. (Use the bony bits for soup )

I usually do.. I also bought fresh plants of basil and rosmary, and I usually use tons of fresh veggies but I had these sitting in the pantry sealed and wanted to use it Smile

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 1:47 pm
allcuteonesrtak wrote:
I made it this past week for fri nite and it came out amazing!

thanks so much!

Glad to hear! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey