Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Concerned about my freezer!

sv123

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 5:17 pm
I just moved and my new fridge/freezer is a GE profile. It looks very nice on the outside but it has been giving me a lot of issues so far. The temperature can be seen and adjusted digitally so it seems that every time I open the fridge or freezer the temperature gets higher. Its annoying for the fridge but I'm especially concerned about my freezer. I opened it once and it went from 0 degrees (ideal temp) to 11 to 13 degrees.. and it just seems to be getting higher. I'm nervous because I have lots of frozen meat and fish and I really don't know if they are defrosting and how often! Does anyone else have this problem? Do you have any advice?

sv123

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 7:12 pm
Bump

greenfire

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 7:17 pm
while I do not have this freezer nor know to much about the product specifically

I do know about thermostatic ranges ... the idea is that when you open the freezer or fridge, the air in the room gets in - decreasing the temp in the actual moment ... then after you close it - all is back to 'normal'

that is the general reason for thermostats and people not to stand idly with an open refrigerator [or oven for that matter]

jflower

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 7:24 pm
Call GE Customer Service tomorrow to ask is this is the way it's supposed to work. The number will be in the user manual. I've called them with questions & they were very helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars