Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Robe tops, were??
1  2  3  Next

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 9:33 pm
I was trying to do some country shopping today. I was looking for robe tops, since all year round I work and go dressed every single day. But in the summer I go to country and enjoy the comfortability of going robe tops all week. I was at the lingerie shop and was so shocked to see that the prices for robes are more expensive than my outfits. I love wearing those t-shirts. (All printed). Were else can I find them. For some more reasonable price???

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 9:45 pm
bought one on sale in March for $19. regretting now that I didn't get more... so yes I would also like to know where I can get tops.

seeker

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 11:15 pm
What is a robe top?

DrMom

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 1:10 am
amother wrote:
I was trying to do some country shopping today. I was looking for robe tops, since all year round I work and go dressed every single day. But in the summer I go to country and enjoy the comfortability of going robe tops all week. I was at the lingerie shop and was so shocked to see that the prices for robes are more expensive than my outfits. I love wearing those t-shirts. (All printed). Were else can I find them. For some more reasonable price???

Can you explain what a "robe top" is? I am sure there is some reasonable facsimile available somewhere cheaper than what you found in that lingerie store.

If it is a printed tee-shirt of some sort, then you should be able to find it inexpensively at almost any major department store, or even a WalMart-type store.

Stars

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 6:40 am
Century 21

Mevater

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 11:56 am
Can someone provide a photo of a "robe top"? Thanks.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 2:15 pm
Macy's and Lord & Taylors have a lot of such tops.
I shop at Fantasy Boutique in Williamsburg. I try to spend under $40 a top and only buy like 2 or 3.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 2:23 pm
Mevater wrote:
Can someone provide a photo of a "robe top"? Thanks.

I'm guessing its a zip up hoodie?

pesek zman

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 2:32 pm
I think these have been described as tops that are really comfortable (??) I wonder if it's a top that many of us would just consider a regular top.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 2:35 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I think these have been described as tops that are really comfortable (??) I wonder if it's a top that many of us would just consider a regular top.

Sounds like it. In which case, I don't know why someone would buy it as an inflated price at a lingerie store. Go to any regular clothing store that sells knit tops. Pop into any mall, and WalMart, etc. in America.
???

glamourmom

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 2:35 pm
a robe top is a pretty top that can be used as a robe. instead of being a one pc its a comfy top that you wear with a skirt.
I believe it would not have a full zipper as that would just be a hoodie.

amother
Green

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 2:48 pm
Try Elzees
I saw tops outside for $16. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for...

return2You

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 2:49 pm
I always find some on shopping apps like zulily or Nordstrom rack.

fox's has some too

pesek zman

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 2:53 pm
glamourmom wrote:
a robe top is a pretty top that can be used as a robe. instead of being a one pc its a comfy top that you wear with a skirt.
I believe it would not have a full zipper as that would just be a hoodie.

But what differentiates it from a regular top?

gande

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 3:00 pm
Robe tops are long sleeve high neck tops from thin comfy fabric. Lingerie shop is expensive but it is practical and super comfy and lasts forever. (Try finding modal fabric in a department store.)

Elzee had some topsort for under 20$ but they aren't cotton. I bought one and I'm very happy with it. Not shvitzy at all. I am going to get more. People are wearing it in the street instead of an outfit!

Last season I bought some cotton tops from Macy's . They were thick cotton and uncomfortable. It pills and got stretched out and was in the garbage before the end of the season.

glamourmom

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 3:04 pm
pesek zman wrote:
But what differentiates it from a regular top?

probably isn't.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:50 pm
Will someone PLEASE post a picture? Is this like the ever elusive shpitzel that everyone talks about, but no one can prove actually exists? I'm beginning to think that there must be unicorns out there too, but no one has a camera on hand when they actually see one. Confused

cnc

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:52 pm
https://thelingerieshopny.com/index.php

watergirl

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:59 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Will someone PLEASE post a picture? Is this like the ever elusive shpitzel that everyone talks about, but no one can prove actually exists? I'm beginning to think that there must be unicorns out there too, but no one has a camera on hand when they actually see one. Confused

I think this goes under the category of "hamavin yavin". I dont get it either.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 10:01 pm
cnc wrote:
https://lingerie shop.com/index.php

There are none listed on that site. Perhaps I missed something? I'm with FF, I want a visual so I can identify it in the wild. Are these garments worn inside? Outside?

Oh and this "People are wearing it in the street instead of an outfit! " What does this mean?

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Mon, May 23 2016, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics